A 90TH-MINUTE goal by Michael Osei plundered a point for Coggeshall Town and left Witham Town wondering how they had failed to win after a 2-2 draw, writes JIM PURTILL.

The home side had dominated for the majority of the game and will be disappointed to secure a single point against their visitors who have struggled so far this season.

Witham made a bright start and within the first ten minutes Adam Vyse shot narrowly wide twice, firstly from a Ramiah Mills throw-in and secondly from a free- kick outside the penalty area.

They failed to create any other good chances in the first half as there were too many careless passes, with long balls not finding their targets.

Coggeshall have found it hard to score this season but they looked solid enough in defence to cope with Witham’s attacks.

A weak cross by Junior Nkwonka was all Coggeshall had shown in attack in the first half-hour.

But after 31 minutes they found themselves ahead when Nkwonka did well to take advantage of the Witham defence over-playing in their own penalty area.

Witham forced a number of corners but failed to unsettle the visitors' defence.

In open play the home side could not find a way of making their territorial dominance count.

Ellis Ashworth found Vyse with two good passes as Witham opened the second half in a positive way.

A header from Coggeshall’s Skirmantas Bulauka and a shot from Lewis Soraf went wide in a brief attacking flourish from the visitors but the introduction of Jamahl Godward and Kieran Southgate in the 54th minute added pace and energy to Witham's attacks.

Godward showed his speed on the right soon after coming on. His cross almost found Southgate in the six-yard box and forced a goal line clearance.

Witham equalised when a good cross by Godward on the right was netted by Vyse in the 65th minute.

The home side looked a lot more comfortable on the ball following the equaliser.

A Vyse shot from a Liam Whipps corner was blocked as the pressure built on the Coggeshall defence.

Witham went ahead in the 78th minute when a header by Joseph Alatise was deflected by Coggeshall defender Martin Onoabhagbe past Akan George in goal.

A Witham win was on the cards but for the first time in the match Coggeshall raised their game and caused problems as the final whistle approached.

Following a 90th-minute free-kick on the right conceded by Alatise, Osei’s shot from the right beat goalkeeper Rhys Madden and found its way into the far corner of the net.

Coggeshall’s Lews Soraf was shown a red card just before the final whistle.

It was a triumphant return to the Simarco Stadium for Osei who made 59 appearances for Witham; he was arguably been Coggeshall’s best performer on the day.

The outcome was a big disappointment for the Witham side but Coggeshall will be hoping that it will serve as a platform for an improvement in their fortunes.