While there was no instant revenge for Braintree Town in their FA Trophy first round tie against Brackley Town, the Iron will be featuring in Monday’s second round draw.

Braintree had been looking to avenge a 4-1 defeat by their Vanarama National League North opponents that saw them knocked out of this year’s FA Cup as the pair squared up again in the Trophy.

However, 90 minutes of football at the IronmongeryDirect Stadium could not separate them on this occasion as defences stayed on top and the tie finished in a 0-0 stalemate.

Despite the lack of goal action, though, there were chances for both sides.

Iron striker Phil Roberts went close but fired into the side netting in a tight first half, while Brackley’s Ellis Myles saw an effort come off the crossbar.

And it stayed close after the break as both sides tried to find the breakthrough, but some sound defending at both ends of the pitch denied any chance of a conclusive result.

It means the pair must meet again in a replay to decide who will progress into the second round but, in the meantime, they will both feature in Monday’s draw.

There is also a spot for fellow Essex side Heybridge Swifts in the draw, however, there was an element of heartbreak for Jody Brown’s side.

Heybridge, who have made a reputation for themselves this season as giantkillers in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy looked to be on course to claim another notable scalp.

However, the Bostik League division north side were pegged back by a last-gasp equaliser by Hampton and Richmond Borough of the Vanarama National League South.

In front of a crowd of 294 at Hampton and Richmond, Swifts took the early advantage with a 24th minute opener that came courtesy of a Charlie Wassmer own goal.

For the next 68 minutes, that was how it remained as Heybridge looked to notch another memorable knockout competition result in a season that has become full of them.

But 16-year-old Dylan Randall, who had stepped off the bench in the 84th minute, fired home in the second of four minutes that were added on at the end of the game.

It meant Swifts’ immediate progress was halted, but they will be hoping to finish the job off in a replay when they return to Scraley Road.