WITHAM TOWN’S game in Pitching In Isthmian League division north was abandoned following a injury suffered by a Barking player.

Goals from Olumide Oluwatimelehin and veteran striker Charlie MacDonald had given Barking a 2-0 lead before Kahlil Kirwan-Meade and Greg Akpele’s penalty levelled things up, at Mayesbrook Park.

But the game was abandoned after 65 minutes when former Stevenage and Brentford striker MacDonald suffered a neck injury, which required an ambulance to be called.

MacDonald underwent tests in hospital but is in good spirits and CT results revealed no fracture.

He has severe whiplash and muscle sprains in his neck, back and shoulders but is hoping he will not be out for too long.


Steve Tilson suffered his first defeat as HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS manager after they were beaten 4-1 at home by Canvey Island.

Matthew Price gave the visitors the lead and although Jack Adlington-Pile equalised, goals from Evangelos Empochontsif, Jamie Salmon and Michael Finneran condemned Swifts to defeat.

MALDON AND TIPTREE triumphed 3-2 at Brentwood Town, to end a run of three successive defeats.

Lordon Akolbire scored in first-half stoppage-time, while Shomari Barnwell and Brian Moses bagged late goals to secure victory for the Jammers.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT suffered a heavy 5-0 home defeat at the hands of Bognor Regis Town, in their Isthmian Premier clash.

Ashton Leigh gave the visitors a half-time lead, before further goals from Leigh, Kayne Diedrick-Roberts, Nathan Odokonyero and Charlie Bell sealed the R’s fate, in their Pitching In Isthmian League Premier game.

In the Essex Senior League, STANWAY ROVERS drew 2-2 at Clapton.

FC CLACTON lost 1-0 at home to West Essex, who bagged their winner with 15 minutes to go.

LITTLE OAKLEY also suffered defeat, going down to a 4-2 defeat against Walthamstow at Wadham Lodge.

Luke Mayhew and Ed Nobbs netted for the Acorns.

In Thurlow Nunn League first division south, HARWICH AND PARKESTON lost 2-1 at Park View with Rob Good scoring their goal.

WIVENHOE TOWN drew 2-2 with Hackney Wick.

Billy Coe and Josh Perry put the Dragons 2-0 up early in the second half but the hosts came back to secure a draw.

BRAINTREE TOWN beat Great Wakering Rovers 1-0 in a friendly, at Cressing Road.

Gianni Crichlow grabbed the Iron’s winner, in the 64th minute.