(HAMSTEL ROAD, EASTCOTE GROVE & ARCHER AVENUE SOUTHEND-ON-SEA) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MF0549192
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
(HAMSTEL ROAD, EASTCOTE GROVE & ARCHER AVENUE SOUTHEND-ON-SEA) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC)
ORDER 2020 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
Notice is hereby given that the Southend-on-Sea Borough that the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council has made the above Order under Section 14(1) of the RoadTraffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Effect of the order will be to prohibit any vehicle from;
1. Proceeding southbound on Hamstel Road from its junction with Cokefield Avenue & Cumberland Avenue
2. Entering & exiting Eastcote Grove at the junction with Hamstel Road
3. Entering & exiting Archer Avenue at the junction with Hamstel Road
The closure is scheduled to commence from 3rd April 2020 til 20th April 2020 or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting.
The alternative route will be via.
1. Hamstel Road (Directional Closure) Hamstel Road, Eastern Avenue roundabout, Royal Artillery Way, Southchurch Boulevard, Hamstel Road
2.Eastcote Grove closure; - Eastcote Grove, Lonsdale Road, Cumberland Avenue
3. Archer Avenue;-Archer Avenue, Canterbury Avenue & Newington Avenue.
The Order will come into effect on 3rd April 2020 and may continue in force for 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the earlier The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce whilst gas mains replacement works take place. Access for emergency vehicles, residents and pedestrians will be maintained at all times during the closure. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004
Deputy Chief Executive
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER Dated 27th March 2020