SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCILNotice ID: MF0532569
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
(SUTTON ROAD, SUTTON ROAD ROUNDABOUT, EAST STREET, ROYSTON AVENUE & ENNISMORE GARDENS SOUTHEND-ON-SEA) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, STOPPING, WAITING, LOADING, UNLOADING & SUSPENSION OF ONE-WAY TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020 ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
Notice is hereby given that the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council intends, not less than seven days from the date of this notice, to make the above Order under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Effect of the order will be to prohibit any vehicle from
1. Proceeding on Sutton Road Northbound from its junction Proceeding on Sutton Road Northbound from its junction
with Oakhurst Road to Sutton Road roundabout
2. Proceeding onto Sutton Road southbound from Sutton Road roundabout
3. Exiting & entering Royston Avenue at its junction with Sutton Road Roundabout
4. Turning right from East Street into Sutton Road at Sutton Road roundabout.
5. Proceeding from East Street into Royston Avenue at its junction with Sutton Road roundabout
6. Exiting Ennismore Gardens onto Sutton Road This order will also;
7. Allow two way operation on Ennismore Gardens from its junction with Sutton Road to Eastern Avenue
The closure is scheduled to commence from 13th January 2020 till 28th February 2020 or where appropriate signs are showing and weather permitting. The alternative route will be via
1. Sutton Road:- (Northbound) Sutton Road, Porters Grange Sutton Road:- (Northbound) Sutton Road, Porters Grange Roundabout, Southchurch Road, Bournemouth Park Road, Eastern Avenue
2. Sutton Road:- (Southbound) Eastern Avenue, Bournemouth Park Road, Southchurch Road, Porters Grange Roundabout & Sutton Road or East Street, Victoria Avenue, Queensway, Porters Grange Roundabout & Sutton Road
3. Royston Road:- (entering Sutton Road) Sutton Road, Eastern Avenue, Bournemouth Park Road & Royston Avenue
4. Royston Avenue:- (exiting Sutton Road) Royston Avenue, Bournemouth Park Road then follow diversions depending on what route you wish to take
5. Ennismore Gardens:- (Traveling on Sutton Road Northbound) Eastern Avenue, Priory Crescent, East Street & Sutton Road Roundabout
6. Ennismore Gardens:- (Traveling on Sutton Road Southbound) Eastern Avenue, Priory Crescent, East Street, Victoria Avenue, Queensway, Porters Grange Roundabout & Sutton Road.
The Order will come into effect on 13th January 2020 and may continue in force for 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the earlier.
The closure is required for the safety of the public and workforce whilst gas main replacement works take place.
Access for emergency vehicles, residents and pedestrians will be maintained at all times during the closure.
The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016.
Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
Deputy Chief Executive
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ER
Dated 30th December 2019