Sir Paul McCartney has postponed US dates on his world tour as he continues to recuperate from a virus.
The former Beatle, who turns 72 later this month, cancelled a string of gigs in Japan and South Korea last month.
He has now said that he will be following doctors' orders to recover fully before he takes to the stage again.
In a message posted on his official website, he wrote: "I'm sorry but it's going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again.
"I'm feeling great but taking my docs' advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon."
A statement on the website said: "Paul McCartney has confirmed that he will, however reluctantly, heed medical advice to rest up just a bit longer to fully recuperate from the virus that forced the postponement of his recent dates in Japan and Korea."
The Out There world tour will now resume on July 5 in Albany, New York, and the June 14 to 26 shows in Lubbock, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Nashville and Louisville have been rescheduled to October.
Sir Paul, who was treated at a Tokyo hospital, has not performed since cancelling his May 17 gig in the Japanese capital due to illness.
He went on to call off several other dates in Japan and South Korea.
His tour, which kicked-off in May last year, features Sir Paul performing songs from his entire career - as a solo artist, member of Wings and as a Beatle.
Last month, Sir Paul said that he was "extremely moved" by the messages of support he has received after he was struck down by the illness.