Ukip rise due to recession, says PM

Braintree and Witham Times: David Cameron said his was the only political party to be able to offer a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU David Cameron said his was the only political party to be able to offer a referendum on Britain's membership of the EU

Prime Minister David Cameron has said he believes the increase in support for Ukip is a result of the recession.

Mr Cameron said the economic crisis made it " quite easy for someone to come along with some popular messages and some great rhetoric".

Appearing on ITV's Good Morning Britain, the Tory leader also said his was the only political party to be able to offer a referendum on Britain's membership of the European Union.

"The truth about British politics is you'll only get that with me as British prime minister," he said.

"Labour and the Liberals won't give you a referendum, Ukip can't give you a referendum. I offer a clear plan: reform, renegotiation, referendum - all very much in Britain's interests."

Asked why Ukip and its leader Nigel Farage have managed to engage with the British public in recent months, Mr Cameron told the programme: "I think when you've had a difficult recession, when you have problems like a welfare system that needs reform and problems with the European Union, it's quite easy for someone to come along with some popular messages and some great rhetoric.

"But what I'm asking people to do is to look through the rhetoric and try to find the politics of what I call the answer, rather than the anger, or in Labour's case the envy. Let's look for the politics of the answer - who's got the plan.

"And my argument is, I'm the only one with the plan to get a better deal for Britain, to renegotiate, to hold that referendum, and as prime minister I can get those things done, just as I have with my team helped turn around the British economy.

"We are a democracy, and part of the problem with the whole European debate is we voted in 1975 but since then we've had the Maastricht Treaty , the Nice Treaty , the Amsterdam Treaty, the Lisbon Treaty.

"Powers have been passed from Westminster to Brussels - not by the Government I lead, we want powers back. And the public haven't been consulted and so I think it is right once I have secured these changes then to ask the public in a referendum, stay or go.

"I have a very clear plan to get these powers back, to make these changes, and then to hold a referendum where I will be advising people to stay in a reformed European Union. I think that is the right answer."

Asked if he would be able to remain as prime minister if the public voted against staying in the EU, Mr Cameron said: "Of course."

Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:30am Mon 12 May 14

speedy231278 says...

I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?
I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual? speedy231278
  • Score: 15

10:43am Mon 12 May 14

Dilligaf2010 says...

I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets.
Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be.
I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets. Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 13

10:51am Mon 12 May 14

mimseycal says...

speedy231278 wrote:
I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?
Iceland took a different approach to resolving the issue of the economic crisis brought on by the banks, hedge funding and City gambling. They are now well on the way to recovery in very real terms ... Unlike Cameron's country ...
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?[/p][/quote]Iceland took a different approach to resolving the issue of the economic crisis brought on by the banks, hedge funding and City gambling. They are now well on the way to recovery in very real terms ... Unlike Cameron's country ... mimseycal
  • Score: 9

11:11am Mon 12 May 14

G_Whiz says...

Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?
Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again? G_Whiz
  • Score: 14

12:14pm Mon 12 May 14

speedy231278 says...

G_Whiz wrote:
Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?
We can't, until they see we will get rid of all of them if they do not perform. Vote for someone else! I do not like a lot of UKIP's policies, but until a couple of days ago they were the only party who bothered sticking any bumph through my door in the ten years I've been in the area. It just shows how confident the Tories are that their rich landlords and blue rinse brigade will vote them in for the about the seventh successive decade without loss, and how Labour and the Libs can't be bothered as they know they'll lose! I finally got some drivel from Cameron's mob the other day, all full of promise for stuff that'll only affect the affluent, of course.
[quote][p][bold]G_Whiz[/bold] wrote: Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?[/p][/quote]We can't, until they see we will get rid of all of them if they do not perform. Vote for someone else! I do not like a lot of UKIP's policies, but until a couple of days ago they were the only party who bothered sticking any bumph through my door in the ten years I've been in the area. It just shows how confident the Tories are that their rich landlords and blue rinse brigade will vote them in for the about the seventh successive decade without loss, and how Labour and the Libs can't be bothered as they know they'll lose! I finally got some drivel from Cameron's mob the other day, all full of promise for stuff that'll only affect the affluent, of course. speedy231278
  • Score: 3

12:35pm Mon 12 May 14

loan_star says...

speedy231278 wrote:
I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?
The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently?
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?[/p][/quote]The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently? loan_star
  • Score: -6

12:58pm Mon 12 May 14

mimseycal says...

loan_star wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?
The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently?
Really? For whom?
[quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?[/p][/quote]The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently?[/p][/quote]Really? For whom? mimseycal
  • Score: 9

1:32pm Mon 12 May 14

elvisimo says...

speedy231278 wrote:
G_Whiz wrote:
Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?
We can't, until they see we will get rid of all of them if they do not perform. Vote for someone else! I do not like a lot of UKIP's policies, but until a couple of days ago they were the only party who bothered sticking any bumph through my door in the ten years I've been in the area. It just shows how confident the Tories are that their rich landlords and blue rinse brigade will vote them in for the about the seventh successive decade without loss, and how Labour and the Libs can't be bothered as they know they'll lose! I finally got some drivel from Cameron's mob the other day, all full of promise for stuff that'll only affect the affluent, of course.
I don't think I would vote for someone because they put a leaflet through my door.

the problem with the electorate today seems to be that no one bothers to show much/ any interest in what a party stands for and what their specific policies are - I know, often there is little to chose between them.

The financial costs and benefits of eu membership is there for anyone to find out. The importance of immigration or otherwise as some may say is also there for anyone to find. The issue is that with an increasingly polarised society we are left with a massive swath of people who are too poorly educated (see thick or lazy etc) to ever bother to find out.

Personally, until we have a society that realises that certain jobs are not beneath them then please keep employing immigrants. I think if we were to leave the EU we are finished - there seem to be a lot of nations clamouring to join. Either way do some research and don't jump on sound bites, the daily mail or propaganda that has no basis in fact.

A party that had a policy of "proper dress in theatres" must make people think a bit?....
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]G_Whiz[/bold] wrote: Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?[/p][/quote]We can't, until they see we will get rid of all of them if they do not perform. Vote for someone else! I do not like a lot of UKIP's policies, but until a couple of days ago they were the only party who bothered sticking any bumph through my door in the ten years I've been in the area. It just shows how confident the Tories are that their rich landlords and blue rinse brigade will vote them in for the about the seventh successive decade without loss, and how Labour and the Libs can't be bothered as they know they'll lose! I finally got some drivel from Cameron's mob the other day, all full of promise for stuff that'll only affect the affluent, of course.[/p][/quote]I don't think I would vote for someone because they put a leaflet through my door. the problem with the electorate today seems to be that no one bothers to show much/ any interest in what a party stands for and what their specific policies are - I know, often there is little to chose between them. The financial costs and benefits of eu membership is there for anyone to find out. The importance of immigration or otherwise as some may say is also there for anyone to find. The issue is that with an increasingly polarised society we are left with a massive swath of people who are too poorly educated (see thick or lazy etc) to ever bother to find out. Personally, until we have a society that realises that certain jobs are not beneath them then please keep employing immigrants. I think if we were to leave the EU we are finished - there seem to be a lot of nations clamouring to join. Either way do some research and don't jump on sound bites, the daily mail or propaganda that has no basis in fact. A party that had a policy of "proper dress in theatres" must make people think a bit?.... elvisimo
  • Score: 5

1:39pm Mon 12 May 14

RealLivin says...

Apparently statistical figures do show the recession over, in real life though I dont know any one whos had a pay rise, whos standard of living is getting any better, so for the bean counters it is probable over but for the rest of us is isnt.
UKIP is being attacked by any one who supports the usual suspects because they are making waves about what we care about, jobs, living wages, flooding of immigrants. We need real jobs, real wages and workers who can move us forward, some of these will be immigrants, but they will be qualified, with jobs and speak english, so our schools will not have pay for translators instead of teachers. They work where as we are getting more and more young english bums who dont want to work, they dont complain when extra shifts re required.

If a vote for UKIP is at best a kick in the pants for labour and tories then I vote UKIP as voting for the same muppets isnt getting us anywhere, I dont think for one minute UKIP can fix things but it may force the others to actually do something right just to save themselves. If only minsters were performance paid, they would own so much money we could clear the national debt.
Apparently statistical figures do show the recession over, in real life though I dont know any one whos had a pay rise, whos standard of living is getting any better, so for the bean counters it is probable over but for the rest of us is isnt. UKIP is being attacked by any one who supports the usual suspects because they are making waves about what we care about, jobs, living wages, flooding of immigrants. We need real jobs, real wages and workers who can move us forward, some of these will be immigrants, but they will be qualified, with jobs and speak english, so our schools will not have pay for translators instead of teachers. They work where as we are getting more and more young english bums who dont want to work, they dont complain when extra shifts re required. If a vote for UKIP is at best a kick in the pants for labour and tories then I vote UKIP as voting for the same muppets isnt getting us anywhere, I dont think for one minute UKIP can fix things but it may force the others to actually do something right just to save themselves. If only minsters were performance paid, they would own so much money we could clear the national debt. RealLivin
  • Score: 3

2:01pm Mon 12 May 14

mimseycal says...

RealLivin wrote:
Apparently statistical figures do show the recession over, in real life though I dont know any one whos had a pay rise, whos standard of living is getting any better, so for the bean counters it is probable over but for the rest of us is isnt.
UKIP is being attacked by any one who supports the usual suspects because they are making waves about what we care about, jobs, living wages, flooding of immigrants. We need real jobs, real wages and workers who can move us forward, some of these will be immigrants, but they will be qualified, with jobs and speak english, so our schools will not have pay for translators instead of teachers. They work where as we are getting more and more young english bums who dont want to work, they dont complain when extra shifts re required.

If a vote for UKIP is at best a kick in the pants for labour and tories then I vote UKIP as voting for the same muppets isnt getting us anywhere, I dont think for one minute UKIP can fix things but it may force the others to actually do something right just to save themselves. If only minsters were performance paid, they would own so much money we could clear the national debt.
That is because statistics have a way of dealing with round numbers. No room to show the reality for the average man or woman.
[quote][p][bold]RealLivin[/bold] wrote: Apparently statistical figures do show the recession over, in real life though I dont know any one whos had a pay rise, whos standard of living is getting any better, so for the bean counters it is probable over but for the rest of us is isnt. UKIP is being attacked by any one who supports the usual suspects because they are making waves about what we care about, jobs, living wages, flooding of immigrants. We need real jobs, real wages and workers who can move us forward, some of these will be immigrants, but they will be qualified, with jobs and speak english, so our schools will not have pay for translators instead of teachers. They work where as we are getting more and more young english bums who dont want to work, they dont complain when extra shifts re required. If a vote for UKIP is at best a kick in the pants for labour and tories then I vote UKIP as voting for the same muppets isnt getting us anywhere, I dont think for one minute UKIP can fix things but it may force the others to actually do something right just to save themselves. If only minsters were performance paid, they would own so much money we could clear the national debt.[/p][/quote]That is because statistics have a way of dealing with round numbers. No room to show the reality for the average man or woman. mimseycal
  • Score: 1

2:31pm Mon 12 May 14

Bob49 says...

People are indicating that they will vote UKIP because it appears the only way they have of expressing their 'displeasure' at the uncontrolled wave of Eastern European immigration. A problem that all three main parties have been carefully tip toeing around.

It is not emmotive language to talk of hospitals and schools being swamped or it being virtually impossible for many UK nationals to be able to afford suitable housing.

it is how ever a lie to talk of this immigration being a net gain in tax as the figures quoted do not include Working Tax Credit or the cost of so many children being born here. The latter being a means of securing a larger house (paid for by housing benefit) and qualification for WTC.

Resentment is running at a far, far higher level than is probably being understaood ... at not only this immigration but the three main parties attempts to dismiss it as a few bigots.

Those parties ignore this anger at their peril, as by voting for UKIP should show the levels that this frustration has caused. A cursory glance at Farage should show that he is no more than a slippeery shyster on the make and his party's policies are probably of a far greater threat to this country than ever any immigration would lead to.

For, a normally placid populace, to be voting for greater tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, for militarising the police force and the virtually dismantling of the Welfare State should demonstrate the high levels of anger.

We are now stuck with virtually a zombie government due to this absurd 5 year term ruling that means the country will be treading water until next May as far as any legislation can begin.

Eelectors need honesty, not spin.
People are indicating that they will vote UKIP because it appears the only way they have of expressing their 'displeasure' at the uncontrolled wave of Eastern European immigration. A problem that all three main parties have been carefully tip toeing around. It is not emmotive language to talk of hospitals and schools being swamped or it being virtually impossible for many UK nationals to be able to afford suitable housing. it is how ever a lie to talk of this immigration being a net gain in tax as the figures quoted do not include Working Tax Credit or the cost of so many children being born here. The latter being a means of securing a larger house (paid for by housing benefit) and qualification for WTC. Resentment is running at a far, far higher level than is probably being understaood ... at not only this immigration but the three main parties attempts to dismiss it as a few bigots. Those parties ignore this anger at their peril, as by voting for UKIP should show the levels that this frustration has caused. A cursory glance at Farage should show that he is no more than a slippeery shyster on the make and his party's policies are probably of a far greater threat to this country than ever any immigration would lead to. For, a normally placid populace, to be voting for greater tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, for militarising the police force and the virtually dismantling of the Welfare State should demonstrate the high levels of anger. We are now stuck with virtually a zombie government due to this absurd 5 year term ruling that means the country will be treading water until next May as far as any legislation can begin. Eelectors need honesty, not spin. Bob49
  • Score: -2

3:17pm Mon 12 May 14

Independentvoter says...

We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol

Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer
We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer Independentvoter
  • Score: -1

4:24pm Mon 12 May 14

Yorkie41 says...

Independentvoter wrote:
We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol

Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer
Get your fact correct independent voter, most of the Brits that live over in Spain are retired people, and are not taking Spanish jobs.
[quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer[/p][/quote]Get your fact correct independent voter, most of the Brits that live over in Spain are retired people, and are not taking Spanish jobs. Yorkie41
  • Score: 4

4:34pm Mon 12 May 14

jimmysmith says...

this idiot cameron .would die before he ever utters the words E/U or out of control immigration . betraying the unemployed the sick the elderly . .But davey lad these are the real reasons why people are going to vote ukip into office next election and im going to be one them voting ukip .bye davey leave the key under the mat nigel will find it
this idiot cameron .would die before he ever utters the words E/U or out of control immigration . betraying the unemployed the sick the elderly . .But davey lad these are the real reasons why people are going to vote ukip into office next election and im going to be one them voting ukip .bye davey leave the key under the mat nigel will find it jimmysmith
  • Score: 4

4:48pm Mon 12 May 14

elvisimo says...

Bob49 wrote:
People are indicating that they will vote UKIP because it appears the only way they have of expressing their 'displeasure' at the uncontrolled wave of Eastern European immigration. A problem that all three main parties have been carefully tip toeing around.

It is not emmotive language to talk of hospitals and schools being swamped or it being virtually impossible for many UK nationals to be able to afford suitable housing.

it is how ever a lie to talk of this immigration being a net gain in tax as the figures quoted do not include Working Tax Credit or the cost of so many children being born here. The latter being a means of securing a larger house (paid for by housing benefit) and qualification for WTC.

Resentment is running at a far, far higher level than is probably being understaood ... at not only this immigration but the three main parties attempts to dismiss it as a few bigots.

Those parties ignore this anger at their peril, as by voting for UKIP should show the levels that this frustration has caused. A cursory glance at Farage should show that he is no more than a slippeery shyster on the make and his party's policies are probably of a far greater threat to this country than ever any immigration would lead to.

For, a normally placid populace, to be voting for greater tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, for militarising the police force and the virtually dismantling of the Welfare State should demonstrate the high levels of anger.

We are now stuck with virtually a zombie government due to this absurd 5 year term ruling that means the country will be treading water until next May as far as any legislation can begin.

Eelectors need honesty, not spin.
you are correct. I can never agree that a party (lib dems) that polled some of their worst election results ends up in government.

I don't think most people who like the idea of UKIP have any idea of their policies on tax, defence, public sector. its pretty scary (stupid) stuff.

Whilst I think most people should pull their finger out and do some digging, I am surprised that the current government don't make any effort to get facts and figures out even on a simplistic basis.

they instead come out with cringe worthy ideas such as "immigrants go home" vans to appease the stupid people.

Its a depressing world when you cant really see a single politician who actually believes in the rubbish they are pedalling
[quote][p][bold]Bob49[/bold] wrote: People are indicating that they will vote UKIP because it appears the only way they have of expressing their 'displeasure' at the uncontrolled wave of Eastern European immigration. A problem that all three main parties have been carefully tip toeing around. It is not emmotive language to talk of hospitals and schools being swamped or it being virtually impossible for many UK nationals to be able to afford suitable housing. it is how ever a lie to talk of this immigration being a net gain in tax as the figures quoted do not include Working Tax Credit or the cost of so many children being born here. The latter being a means of securing a larger house (paid for by housing benefit) and qualification for WTC. Resentment is running at a far, far higher level than is probably being understaood ... at not only this immigration but the three main parties attempts to dismiss it as a few bigots. Those parties ignore this anger at their peril, as by voting for UKIP should show the levels that this frustration has caused. A cursory glance at Farage should show that he is no more than a slippeery shyster on the make and his party's policies are probably of a far greater threat to this country than ever any immigration would lead to. For, a normally placid populace, to be voting for greater tax cuts for the extremely wealthy, for militarising the police force and the virtually dismantling of the Welfare State should demonstrate the high levels of anger. We are now stuck with virtually a zombie government due to this absurd 5 year term ruling that means the country will be treading water until next May as far as any legislation can begin. Eelectors need honesty, not spin.[/p][/quote]you are correct. I can never agree that a party (lib dems) that polled some of their worst election results ends up in government. I don't think most people who like the idea of UKIP have any idea of their policies on tax, defence, public sector. its pretty scary (stupid) stuff. Whilst I think most people should pull their finger out and do some digging, I am surprised that the current government don't make any effort to get facts and figures out even on a simplistic basis. they instead come out with cringe worthy ideas such as "immigrants go home" vans to appease the stupid people. Its a depressing world when you cant really see a single politician who actually believes in the rubbish they are pedalling elvisimo
  • Score: -2

4:50pm Mon 12 May 14

goatty says...

Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.
Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed. goatty
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Mon 12 May 14

endthelies says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets.
Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be.
I think that Labour and the Cons have only themselves to blame for the rise in popularity of UKIP. For to long the two main parties have had the monopoly on the way that Britain is run and they've neither made a good job of it. On trop of that add on the fact that there has been so many politicians lining their own pockets whilst telling us that we need to tighten our belts and put up with their austerity measures that very few people have any faith in any of the current politicians and feel that it is high time that someone else was voted in or we are just going to have more of the same c**p for another 5 years at least. We've already been putting up with it for decades now and I think people have finally had enough. Whether or not I agree that ukip is the way of the future is another subject but I can see why people want the change, definitely.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets. Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be.[/p][/quote]I think that Labour and the Cons have only themselves to blame for the rise in popularity of UKIP. For to long the two main parties have had the monopoly on the way that Britain is run and they've neither made a good job of it. On trop of that add on the fact that there has been so many politicians lining their own pockets whilst telling us that we need to tighten our belts and put up with their austerity measures that very few people have any faith in any of the current politicians and feel that it is high time that someone else was voted in or we are just going to have more of the same c**p for another 5 years at least. We've already been putting up with it for decades now and I think people have finally had enough. Whether or not I agree that ukip is the way of the future is another subject but I can see why people want the change, definitely. endthelies
  • Score: 3

5:12pm Mon 12 May 14

RealLivin says...

Mr Cameron says he has a plan and only he has a plan and UKIP are spouting rhetoric, this may be so but they are spouting about things we care about Mr Cameron is dodging the issues. He has yet to reveal this plan and it mus t be a long term plan as sofar its only got worse (I cant vouch for the sunny southerners) so it must be a ten to fifteen year plan, so that another 3 year term of tories fixing labours issues, who were fixing old tories issues, who were fixing older labour issues and labour fixing even older tories issues, same old rhetoric from you all and nothing is fixed except your wealthy mates are getting richer and the back bone of Brittian the workers are getting screwed.
Mr Cameron says he has a plan and only he has a plan and UKIP are spouting rhetoric, this may be so but they are spouting about things we care about Mr Cameron is dodging the issues. He has yet to reveal this plan and it mus t be a long term plan as sofar its only got worse (I cant vouch for the sunny southerners) so it must be a ten to fifteen year plan, so that another 3 year term of tories fixing labours issues, who were fixing old tories issues, who were fixing older labour issues and labour fixing even older tories issues, same old rhetoric from you all and nothing is fixed except your wealthy mates are getting richer and the back bone of Brittian the workers are getting screwed. RealLivin
  • Score: 4

5:19pm Mon 12 May 14

Shropshirelad says...

We have seen and experienced enough of Cameron's promises. He now promises us a new deal, well Mr Cameron, whatever promises you can now conjure up, you can forget it, your promises come at to high a price. In one breath, you make one promise which, if fulfilled would please many voters but then you turn around and, generally, outside your manifesto and without consultation present us with a fait accompli of a policy which generally is little short of an outrage and makes people angry. Example, HS2 - you are prepared to pay £50 billion on this and yet we have just had major flooding which could have been prevented if this money had been spent of flood defences. You boast of the fact that you have reduced income tax to make the first £10,000 free of it - what you don't mention is the fact that the 40% tax band has gradually got lower until millions more are now paying this rate, your parties lies, smoke and mirrors Mr Cameron, why should we trust one single word that you utter. We have had enough of you - and only you has the gall to ask the British people for another chance. For myself and family - no way, you are a poor "has been". It is UKIP for me and mine.
We have seen and experienced enough of Cameron's promises. He now promises us a new deal, well Mr Cameron, whatever promises you can now conjure up, you can forget it, your promises come at to high a price. In one breath, you make one promise which, if fulfilled would please many voters but then you turn around and, generally, outside your manifesto and without consultation present us with a fait accompli of a policy which generally is little short of an outrage and makes people angry. Example, HS2 - you are prepared to pay £50 billion on this and yet we have just had major flooding which could have been prevented if this money had been spent of flood defences. You boast of the fact that you have reduced income tax to make the first £10,000 free of it - what you don't mention is the fact that the 40% tax band has gradually got lower until millions more are now paying this rate, your parties lies, smoke and mirrors Mr Cameron, why should we trust one single word that you utter. We have had enough of you - and only you has the gall to ask the British people for another chance. For myself and family - no way, you are a poor "has been". It is UKIP for me and mine. Shropshirelad
  • Score: 7

6:58pm Mon 12 May 14

Independentvoter says...

Yorkie41 wrote:
Independentvoter wrote:
We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol

Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer
Get your fact correct independent voter, most of the Brits that live over in Spain are retired people, and are not taking Spanish jobs.
My friends who I visit regularly in Lavante beach, Benidorm are not retired at all, far from it - well not for another 20 years at least. They like thousands of other British people own a bar / night club on the front they also employ 3 British ladies / dancers.

The thousands of retired British pensioners ( because we don't have illegal British immigrants living their/crooks on the run do we ) only take up Spanish Doctors and hospital places with their continued ill health ooops forgot to mention housing too so who do you personally know living in Spain since you are very knowledgeable on British migrants living in Spain ?
I bet the only person you know living a great lifestyle in Europe and off Europe is Mr Farrage
[quote][p][bold]Yorkie41[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer[/p][/quote]Get your fact correct independent voter, most of the Brits that live over in Spain are retired people, and are not taking Spanish jobs.[/p][/quote]My friends who I visit regularly in Lavante beach, Benidorm are not retired at all, far from it - well not for another 20 years at least. They like thousands of other British people own a bar / night club on the front they also employ 3 British ladies / dancers. The thousands of retired British pensioners ( because we don't have illegal British immigrants living their/crooks on the run do we ) only take up Spanish Doctors and hospital places with their continued ill health ooops forgot to mention housing too so who do you personally know living in Spain since you are very knowledgeable on British migrants living in Spain ? I bet the only person you know living a great lifestyle in Europe and off Europe is Mr Farrage Independentvoter
  • Score: -3

7:52pm Mon 12 May 14

Independentvoter says...

goatty wrote:
Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.
When ukip pushed their manifesto campaign through my letterbox in 1980 in the form of a betamax video I absolutely laughed my head off. Farrage was smoking a cigar and drinking champaign.

Guess what I'm still laughing lol
[quote][p][bold]goatty[/bold] wrote: Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.[/p][/quote]When ukip pushed their manifesto campaign through my letterbox in 1980 in the form of a betamax video I absolutely laughed my head off. Farrage was smoking a cigar and drinking champaign. Guess what I'm still laughing lol Independentvoter
  • Score: -4

8:35pm Mon 12 May 14

A Very Private Gentleman says...

We are voting UKIP because the other three parties including my own party is not listening.
It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far !
Paddy Ashdown and Charlie Kennedy would have knocked spots of Nigel in the TV debate. But oh no clod hopper Clegg put both of his Dutch feet in it and Cameroon used him as a fall guy, to mess the coalition up for the next election in 2015.
Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet.
Cameron, Gideon Osborne and the rest of the blue blood hoorays, could have done what they have achieved now, in a different way using another route, but they did not, they chose to stuff those that are the weakest in society.
Its not about whether you like this party or that group, it is using an opportunity in a meaningless election (And in one case the hot favourite is an 18 year old girl who has not got a clue) to send a message.
So what Farage and his chums the Mosley-ites, will P*ss them about in Brussels for a few years until they get booted out the next time around.
It will be a laugh, they do F**K all there anyway.
A UKIP vote will send a clear message to the TORIES, that if they don't pack it in you are out next year its that F*****G simple.
We are voting UKIP because the other three parties including my own party is not listening. It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far ! Paddy Ashdown and Charlie Kennedy would have knocked spots of Nigel in the TV debate. But oh no clod hopper Clegg put both of his Dutch feet in it and Cameroon used him as a fall guy, to mess the coalition up for the next election in 2015. Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet. Cameron, Gideon Osborne and the rest of the blue blood hoorays, could have done what they have achieved now, in a different way using another route, but they did not, they chose to stuff those that are the weakest in society. Its not about whether you like this party or that group, it is using an opportunity in a meaningless election (And in one case the hot favourite is an 18 year old girl who has not got a clue) to send a message. So what Farage and his chums the Mosley-ites, will P*ss them about in Brussels for a few years until they get booted out the next time around. It will be a laugh, they do F**K all there anyway. A UKIP vote will send a clear message to the TORIES, that if they don't pack it in you are out next year its that F*****G simple. A Very Private Gentleman
  • Score: 4

9:23pm Mon 12 May 14

David Scott says...

"Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet."
LOL
"Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet." LOL David Scott
  • Score: -1

10:24pm Mon 12 May 14

Independentvoter says...

A clear message to ukip for the European elections is Im voting Tory its that simple too - not that private either
A clear message to ukip for the European elections is Im voting Tory its that simple too - not that private either Independentvoter
  • Score: 0

12:21am Tue 13 May 14

jimmysmith says...

Independentvoter wrote:
We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol

Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer
well you move to spain then .il be voting ukip for the first time as will a lot more people i know of . my reasons for voting ukip is i want my country taken out of the eu .and i want british jobs for british workers british houses for british people and i want this out of control immigration and this forced upon us multiculturisation and the islamification of my country stopped and ukip will do this and **** foot around it all you want to but the vast majority of british people want the same and ukip will deliver and ukip will form the next government
[quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer[/p][/quote]well you move to spain then .il be voting ukip for the first time as will a lot more people i know of . my reasons for voting ukip is i want my country taken out of the eu .and i want british jobs for british workers british houses for british people and i want this out of control immigration and this forced upon us multiculturisation and the islamification of my country stopped and ukip will do this and **** foot around it all you want to but the vast majority of british people want the same and ukip will deliver and ukip will form the next government jimmysmith
  • Score: -2

6:30am Tue 13 May 14

Katie Re-Registered says...

Hang on, I thought David Cameron was telling us the recession was over the other day...?
Hang on, I thought David Cameron was telling us the recession was over the other day...? Katie Re-Registered
  • Score: 2

9:57am Tue 13 May 14

RealLivin says...

Independentvoter wrote:
A clear message to ukip for the European elections is Im voting Tory its that simple too - not that private either
good idea vote for the tories, wait, wasnt it them that ripped the british industry apart in the 80's either destroying it completely or selling the good bits to their mates who have got rich on it. Why not vote labour, they nearly bankrupted us by "investing in Britian" well the benefit system any way so more unemployed could be harassed out of genuine payments due to the army of public sector works (which tories just sacked when they came back) who were forcing them in low paid jobs with no future or loosing benefits and their houses.

Sorry the tories didnt sack those public sector workers they just moved them to the private sector, who then down sized a year later so they could make a profit.

Since the 1960's Labour or Tory have ruled this land and we have ended up as 2nd rate yanks ruled by eurocrats with no national identity and no say in how run our own country or how live, we need 21st century ideas not 1900's politicians whos ideas havent change since the 1800's

Is it so hard for this people to understand all most citizens want is a steady job with enough income to to give them house, car, a few weeks holiday a year and to be able to pay their way. Voting for the same muppets will only give us the same solutions, rich getting richer for doing sod all and the workers getting poorer while working their butts off, time for a complete change what can we loose that we are not already loosing or have lost.
[quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: A clear message to ukip for the European elections is Im voting Tory its that simple too - not that private either[/p][/quote]good idea vote for the tories, wait, wasnt it them that ripped the british industry apart in the 80's either destroying it completely or selling the good bits to their mates who have got rich on it. Why not vote labour, they nearly bankrupted us by "investing in Britian" well the benefit system any way so more unemployed could be harassed out of genuine payments due to the army of public sector works (which tories just sacked when they came back) who were forcing them in low paid jobs with no future or loosing benefits and their houses. Sorry the tories didnt sack those public sector workers they just moved them to the private sector, who then down sized a year later so they could make a profit. Since the 1960's Labour or Tory have ruled this land and we have ended up as 2nd rate yanks ruled by eurocrats with no national identity and no say in how run our own country or how live, we need 21st century ideas not 1900's politicians whos ideas havent change since the 1800's Is it so hard for this people to understand all most citizens want is a steady job with enough income to to give them house, car, a few weeks holiday a year and to be able to pay their way. Voting for the same muppets will only give us the same solutions, rich getting richer for doing sod all and the workers getting poorer while working their butts off, time for a complete change what can we loose that we are not already loosing or have lost. RealLivin
  • Score: 1

1:36pm Tue 13 May 14

jimmysmith says...

goatty wrote:
Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.
the tories have NEVER ever cared about the man on street nor ever been in touch with reality .
[quote][p][bold]goatty[/bold] wrote: Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.[/p][/quote]the tories have NEVER ever cared about the man on street nor ever been in touch with reality . jimmysmith
  • Score: 0

1:52pm Tue 13 May 14

jimmysmith says...

A Very Private Gentleman wrote:
We are voting UKIP because the other three parties including my own party is not listening.
It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far !
Paddy Ashdown and Charlie Kennedy would have knocked spots of Nigel in the TV debate. But oh no clod hopper Clegg put both of his Dutch feet in it and Cameroon used him as a fall guy, to mess the coalition up for the next election in 2015.
Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet.
Cameron, Gideon Osborne and the rest of the blue blood hoorays, could have done what they have achieved now, in a different way using another route, but they did not, they chose to stuff those that are the weakest in society.
Its not about whether you like this party or that group, it is using an opportunity in a meaningless election (And in one case the hot favourite is an 18 year old girl who has not got a clue) to send a message.
So what Farage and his chums the Mosley-ites, will P*ss them about in Brussels for a few years until they get booted out the next time around.
It will be a laugh, they do F**K all there anyway.
A UKIP vote will send a clear message to the TORIES, that if they don't pack it in you are out next year its that F*****G simple.
dodgy fascists you say in the ukip party . Do you personally know some of them personally then ? i mean it goes with out saying ,wouldnt you agree ? that you would have to know somebody personally before you could make an accurate decision that some ones a fascist or not .wouldnt you ? or is your statement just narrow minded bull crap . as for paddy ashdown and charles kennedy knocking spots of farage lol .they wouldnt could only dream of having the morals and integrity that nigel farage has .its been recently proven that both your beloved ashdown and kennedy were made aware numerous times about cyril smiths untoward behaviour and never ever voiced concerns .in fact they ignored it and turned a blind eye to it .in a nutshell pal you aint got a clue have you ? vote ukip folks
[quote][p][bold]A Very Private Gentleman[/bold] wrote: We are voting UKIP because the other three parties including my own party is not listening. It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far ! Paddy Ashdown and Charlie Kennedy would have knocked spots of Nigel in the TV debate. But oh no clod hopper Clegg put both of his Dutch feet in it and Cameroon used him as a fall guy, to mess the coalition up for the next election in 2015. Nigel Farage is far from perfect, but he walked all over the Human Anthropologist Clegg, with both feet. Cameron, Gideon Osborne and the rest of the blue blood hoorays, could have done what they have achieved now, in a different way using another route, but they did not, they chose to stuff those that are the weakest in society. Its not about whether you like this party or that group, it is using an opportunity in a meaningless election (And in one case the hot favourite is an 18 year old girl who has not got a clue) to send a message. So what Farage and his chums the Mosley-ites, will P*ss them about in Brussels for a few years until they get booted out the next time around. It will be a laugh, they do F**K all there anyway. A UKIP vote will send a clear message to the TORIES, that if they don't pack it in you are out next year its that F*****G simple.[/p][/quote]dodgy fascists you say in the ukip party . Do you personally know some of them personally then ? i mean it goes with out saying ,wouldnt you agree ? that you would have to know somebody personally before you could make an accurate decision that some ones a fascist or not .wouldnt you ? or is your statement just narrow minded bull crap . as for paddy ashdown and charles kennedy knocking spots of farage lol .they wouldnt could only dream of having the morals and integrity that nigel farage has .its been recently proven that both your beloved ashdown and kennedy were made aware numerous times about cyril smiths untoward behaviour and never ever voiced concerns .in fact they ignored it and turned a blind eye to it .in a nutshell pal you aint got a clue have you ? vote ukip folks jimmysmith
  • Score: 2

7:23pm Tue 13 May 14

welshmen says...

The Tories are Crap Labour are Traitors, Libdems are big losers, they are not worthy of a vote, you say "It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far !" that's where you and those stupid parties have gone very wrong, it's not a protest vote or a kick up the backside, no, it's the fact that they don't deserve the British Natives to vote for any of them, because none of them are fit for purpose, they have proved it over decades with cheating, lying, thieving and engaging our country in Wars that didn't concern us not withstanding the Traitorous Labour Party Government flooding our Country with third world immigrants and trying to destroy our British way of life..Ukip for a better life, worth getting rid of the rest to install the best into our government....
The Tories are Crap Labour are Traitors, Libdems are big losers, they are not worthy of a vote, you say "It is not about Farage or all the dodgy fascists in UKIP, it is about sending a message that the CON-DEM agreement has gone a little to far !" that's where you and those stupid parties have gone very wrong, it's not a protest vote or a kick up the backside, no, it's the fact that they don't deserve the British Natives to vote for any of them, because none of them are fit for purpose, they have proved it over decades with cheating, lying, thieving and engaging our country in Wars that didn't concern us not withstanding the Traitorous Labour Party Government flooding our Country with third world immigrants and trying to destroy our British way of life..Ukip for a better life, worth getting rid of the rest to install the best into our government.... welshmen
  • Score: 0

9:08am Wed 14 May 14

mistamina says...

Please explain:
''A party that had a policy of "proper dress in theatres" must make people think a bit?....''
Please explain: ''A party that had a policy of "proper dress in theatres" must make people think a bit?....'' mistamina
  • Score: -1

6:32am Wed 21 May 14

jewitt says...

loan_star wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?
The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently?
Are you having a laugh or are you in the 1% as well
[quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: I wonder why there's still a recession? Is it because Dave is robbing the poor and infirm to pay the rich as usual?[/p][/quote]The recession was over a while ago or have you been living with your head in the sand recently?[/p][/quote]Are you having a laugh or are you in the 1% as well jewitt
  • Score: 1

6:43am Wed 21 May 14

jewitt says...

jimmysmith wrote:
goatty wrote:
Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.
the tories have NEVER ever cared about the man on street nor ever been in touch with reality .
The Tories present a picture of being patriotic but they are not. There is no room for patriotism in global capitalism ad the recent astray zeneca takeover revealed. The Tories will never support the working man. All they and the metropolitan establidhment care about is their share dividends and stripping public funding.
[quote][p][bold]jimmysmith[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]goatty[/bold] wrote: Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.[/p][/quote]the tories have NEVER ever cared about the man on street nor ever been in touch with reality .[/p][/quote]The Tories present a picture of being patriotic but they are not. There is no room for patriotism in global capitalism ad the recent astray zeneca takeover revealed. The Tories will never support the working man. All they and the metropolitan establidhment care about is their share dividends and stripping public funding. jewitt
  • Score: 1

1:55pm Wed 4 Jun 14

mistamina says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets.
Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be.
Ah! we have a beauty contest, not politics.
Fact: You, UKIP and the D Mail are made for each other, with a brilliant and comfortable future together.
Off you three go, into a nice white bright distant past.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I think the UKIP rise is because they're the lesser of the evils, anyone with half a brain cell isn't going to want Cameron & his chums in power past 2015, and the same people aren't going to vote for a party that's lead by someone who looks like Beaker, from the Muppets. Personally I think anyone that can't speak, read, and write in English, should be shipped out, they are of no benefit to the Country and obviously have no intention to be.[/p][/quote]Ah! we have a beauty contest, not politics. Fact: You, UKIP and the D Mail are made for each other, with a brilliant and comfortable future together. Off you three go, into a nice white bright distant past. mistamina
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Wed 4 Jun 14

mistamina says...

G_Whiz wrote:
Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?
Here we go with 'Strong Leadership'. Read your history, strong leaders bring nothing but misery and devastation for us common folks.
[quote][p][bold]G_Whiz[/bold] wrote: Maybe we just want a government with a backbone - Labour and now the coalition just aren't up to it - how can we trust any of them again?[/p][/quote]Here we go with 'Strong Leadership'. Read your history, strong leaders bring nothing but misery and devastation for us common folks. mistamina
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Wed 4 Jun 14

mistamina says...

Independentvoter wrote:
We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol

Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer
Thank you Independentvoter. A good reality check from someone that is actually there.
[quote][p][bold]Independentvoter[/bold] wrote: We have one or two readers in the papers saying ukip are going to do well in the elections - then if this is the case why don't I personally know one person who can give them the time of day and vote for them ??? The British people I know want to be in Europe but not run by Europe - They want to one day retire and join the millions of other British people who live in foreign countries - How many British people live in Spain for instance - Does Mr Farrage want us British to move back home or can we live in what country we desire but no one can move here - what's the answer Mr Farrage ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have one lol Don't forget the British people living in Spain are taking Spanish jobs, school places, hospital places too and how many of us Brits speak Spanish ? We need a balanced debate not scaremongering without an answer[/p][/quote]Thank you Independentvoter. A good reality check from someone that is actually there. mistamina
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Wed 4 Jun 14

mistamina says...

goatty wrote:
Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.
Do you edit the Daily Mail?
[quote][p][bold]goatty[/bold] wrote: Tory voters flocking to UKIP because they represent what the old conservative party used to represent until Cameron ' I'm a liberal conservative' took control. The Tories have no spine, frightened of Europe, frightened of the banks and have no control over immigration and are totally out of touch with the man on the street. Yes the recession might be over for Rolls Royce or such like but its not over for the working man struggling to pay the bills. The people of this country want to see a strong leader and strong party who are not scared to rock the establishment boat. Take knife crime. You have to caught twice with a knife to get any punishment, then its only a couple months in HMP Holiday camp. Out of touch!! People want it a crime the first time not the second time and want a proper jail term like 5 or 10 years. Tough deterrants needed.[/p][/quote]Do you edit the Daily Mail? mistamina
  • Score: 1
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree