Mercedes worth £35k stolen from Leigh street

Mercedes worth £35k stolen from street

Mercedes worth £35k stolen from street

First published in South Essex news by

A CAR worth £35,000 was stolen from the roadside after a burglary.

Detectives in Southend are appealing for information after a Mercedes E350 Sport CDI convertible car was stolen from outside a house in Queens Avenue, Leigh.

It is believed that a man wearing a hooded coat broke into the property and took the keys for the vehicle. The owner was out at the time.

The black vehicle, worth around £35,000, was taken at around 1.30am on Saturday, August 2.

The car was parked in the road and had a personalised number plate X6ONE.

Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have any information about the car or who may have seen anybody acting suspiciously in the area.

The can call DC Jon Holden at Southend CID on Essex Police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:06pm Mon 1 Sep 14

thecoat says...

Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging! thecoat
  • Score: 10

12:49pm Mon 1 Sep 14

I care about rayleigh says...

thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night!
[quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night! I care about rayleigh
  • Score: 6

1:05pm Mon 1 Sep 14

mr fandango says...

I care about rayleigh wrote:
thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night!
are you being serious ,take the keys upstairs ?? i had this style of theft done to me when my focus RS mk 2 went missing from the rear garden .all taking the keys upstairs does is encourage them to come up and confront you/your family .....simply let em take the car its insured after all and can be replaced !
[quote][p][bold]I care about rayleigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night![/p][/quote]are you being serious ,take the keys upstairs ?? i had this style of theft done to me when my focus RS mk 2 went missing from the rear garden .all taking the keys upstairs does is encourage them to come up and confront you/your family .....simply let em take the car its insured after all and can be replaced ! mr fandango
  • Score: 19

1:34pm Mon 1 Sep 14

andyproberts@hotmail.com says...

I care about rayleigh wrote:
thecoat wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night!
Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs.
And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms.
[quote][p][bold]I care about rayleigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night![/p][/quote]Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs. And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms. andyproberts@hotmail.com
  • Score: 10

3:18pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Robin Reliant says...

Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience?
Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience? Robin Reliant
  • Score: 3

3:23pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Alekhine says...

Robin Reliant wrote:
Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience?
Insurance companies do not like the keys being in sight from a window hanging from a hook etc. -. Put them in a drawer.
[quote][p][bold]Robin Reliant[/bold] wrote: Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience?[/p][/quote]Insurance companies do not like the keys being in sight from a window hanging from a hook etc. -. Put them in a drawer. Alekhine
  • Score: 7

3:47pm Mon 1 Sep 14

thecoat says...

andyproberts@hotmail
.com
wrote:
I care about rayleigh wrote:
thecoat wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night!
Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs.
And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms.
Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys.

Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :)
[quote][p][bold]andyproberts@hotmail .com[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]I care about rayleigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night![/p][/quote]Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs. And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms.[/p][/quote]Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys. Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :) thecoat
  • Score: 7

3:51pm Mon 1 Sep 14

thecoat says...

Alekhine wrote:
Robin Reliant wrote:
Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience?
Insurance companies do not like the keys being in sight from a window hanging from a hook etc. -. Put them in a drawer.
Exactly! If the keys are in open view I bet the insurance company would have something to say about it.

As I said above, stand up to these scum and don't give them an easy ride.
[quote][p][bold]Alekhine[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Robin Reliant[/bold] wrote: Do insurance companies drag their heels if the keys where available which enabled the car to be taken easily, or are they swift to pay out, anyone had experience?[/p][/quote]Insurance companies do not like the keys being in sight from a window hanging from a hook etc. -. Put them in a drawer.[/p][/quote]Exactly! If the keys are in open view I bet the insurance company would have something to say about it. As I said above, stand up to these scum and don't give them an easy ride. thecoat
  • Score: 6

3:53pm Mon 1 Sep 14

danger2013 says...

Sounds like an insurance job. Might be wrong but sounds a bit fishy to me.
Sounds like an insurance job. Might be wrong but sounds a bit fishy to me. danger2013
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Mon 1 Sep 14

GrumpyofLeigh says...

danger2013 wrote:
Sounds like an insurance job. Might be wrong but sounds a bit fishy to me.
...or the thief had done his homework, waited until the owners were out and...result. I can't imagine too many 02 plate Corsas, for example, have been nicked in similar circumstances.
[quote][p][bold]danger2013[/bold] wrote: Sounds like an insurance job. Might be wrong but sounds a bit fishy to me.[/p][/quote]...or the thief had done his homework, waited until the owners were out and...result. I can't imagine too many 02 plate Corsas, for example, have been nicked in similar circumstances. GrumpyofLeigh
  • Score: 3

5:15pm Mon 1 Sep 14

sesibollox says...

thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
What, for a poxy car ? get real
[quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]What, for a poxy car ? get real sesibollox
  • Score: 0

5:29pm Mon 1 Sep 14

the25man says...

This type of car should have a tracker but if not then the owner is an idiot by spending his money on a number plate that won't stop it from being stolen for the over sea's market
This type of car should have a tracker but if not then the owner is an idiot by spending his money on a number plate that won't stop it from being stolen for the over sea's market the25man
  • Score: 0

5:32pm Mon 1 Sep 14

sesibollox says...

sesibollox wrote:
thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
What, for a poxy car ? get real
Whats a hang ? please genius...
[quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]What, for a poxy car ? get real[/p][/quote]Whats a hang ? please genius... sesibollox
  • Score: 0

6:18pm Mon 1 Sep 14

Kim Gandy says...

sesibollox wrote:
sesibollox wrote:
thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
What, for a poxy car ? get real
Whats a hang ? please genius...
obviously a typo. They do happen occasionally you know.

I agree with thecoat.. serious consequences for this scum. We need some decent laws in this country to deal with the type of vermin the last 17 years of soft soap liberal leftyism has generated. There's too much of it.

For a start, there are people like you issuing threats from behind the safety of your keyboard, Alan Ball - and there are real loonytunes out there for whom only the severest punishment will be adequate.

Prison sentences should be longer, fewer perks like TVs and gyms and for the worst of them all like paedos and terrorists, the rope.

Too much soft soap liberal loony left policy has led to rising crime from the lowlife element in this country who think they can do as they please.

Not only do they think it: they know it. Scum needs to be sorted. Hard line authoritarian government needed now to protect victims and clamp down hard on the verminous little feral scrotebags that roam the streets.
[quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]What, for a poxy car ? get real[/p][/quote]Whats a hang ? please genius...[/p][/quote]obviously a typo. They do happen occasionally you know. I agree with thecoat.. serious consequences for this scum. We need some decent laws in this country to deal with the type of vermin the last 17 years of soft soap liberal leftyism has generated. There's too much of it. For a start, there are people like you issuing threats from behind the safety of your keyboard, Alan Ball - and there are real loonytunes out there for whom only the severest punishment will be adequate. Prison sentences should be longer, fewer perks like TVs and gyms and for the worst of them all like paedos and terrorists, the rope. Too much soft soap liberal loony left policy has led to rising crime from the lowlife element in this country who think they can do as they please. Not only do they think it: they know it. Scum needs to be sorted. Hard line authoritarian government needed now to protect victims and clamp down hard on the verminous little feral scrotebags that roam the streets. Kim Gandy
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Mon 1 Sep 14

mr fandango says...

thecoat wrote:
andyproberts@hotmail

.com
wrote:
I care about rayleigh wrote:
thecoat wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night!
Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs.
And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms.
Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys.

Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :)
thecoat...
Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys. Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :)
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
---------
and then you come up against a gang who will come upstairs for the keys ,will confront you and your family and do you or family members damage ,also i dont know how many thugs you think you can beat off with your metal bat and all for what ....an insured car ...the police who dealt with my case said the particular people involved would of had no issues with coming upstairs for the keys at all ,so i for one am glad i left them down stairs ,the car was stolen ... i recieved a brand new one straight from the dealers to replace mine as it was just three months old when stolen ,so what its a piece of metal not worth endagering yourself and family members for is it !
also ladies and gents the insurers can say nothing about where you leave your keys in the house it simply has nothing to do with them ,sure they can advise not to leave them in plain view of windows etc etc but at the end of the day it your "the insureds" choice .
[quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andyproberts@hotmail .com[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]I care about rayleigh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]How often do we hear of burglars who only want your car keys? Take them upstairs with you at night![/p][/quote]Read the article!!! It clearly says the owners were OUT, not upstairs. And definitely not wise to take car keys upstairs as it would encourage burglars to confront the victims in their bedrooms.[/p][/quote]Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys. Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :)[/p][/quote]thecoat... Why give these scumbags an easy ride? Most of them want a quick in and out job and don’t want the hassle of bumping into anyone while looking for the keys. Also keep a metal baseball bat close to hand as the blood can be washed off nice and easy :) -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- --------- and then you come up against a gang who will come upstairs for the keys ,will confront you and your family and do you or family members damage ,also i dont know how many thugs you think you can beat off with your metal bat and all for what ....an insured car ...the police who dealt with my case said the particular people involved would of had no issues with coming upstairs for the keys at all ,so i for one am glad i left them down stairs ,the car was stolen ... i recieved a brand new one straight from the dealers to replace mine as it was just three months old when stolen ,so what its a piece of metal not worth endagering yourself and family members for is it ! also ladies and gents the insurers can say nothing about where you leave your keys in the house it simply has nothing to do with them ,sure they can advise not to leave them in plain view of windows etc etc but at the end of the day it your "the insureds" choice . mr fandango
  • Score: 4

5:35pm Tue 2 Sep 14

Daily Mail Reader says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
sesibollox wrote:
sesibollox wrote:
thecoat wrote:
Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging!
What, for a poxy car ? get real
Whats a hang ? please genius...
obviously a typo. They do happen occasionally you know.

I agree with thecoat.. serious consequences for this scum. We need some decent laws in this country to deal with the type of vermin the last 17 years of soft soap liberal leftyism has generated. There's too much of it.

For a start, there are people like you issuing threats from behind the safety of your keyboard, Alan Ball - and there are real loonytunes out there for whom only the severest punishment will be adequate.

Prison sentences should be longer, fewer perks like TVs and gyms and for the worst of them all like paedos and terrorists, the rope.

Too much soft soap liberal loony left policy has led to rising crime from the lowlife element in this country who think they can do as they please.

Not only do they think it: they know it. Scum needs to be sorted. Hard line authoritarian government needed now to protect victims and clamp down hard on the verminous little feral scrotebags that roam the streets.
Totally agree, we have to re-evaluate our criminal justice system .
I propose a sliding scale of punishment based upon the level of suffering to the victim, the amount of financial loss from theft or fraud etc, amongst other factors.
Penalties will start with the 'slap on wrist' for the most minor of crimes, escalating through to public executions, maybe even televised for our amusement / entertainment for the most hideous of crimes committed by murderers, rapists and abusers.
Maybe the directors and so called financial professionals of our failing banks that wilfully gambled with our savings and pensions to line their own pockets through mismanagement and greed could be publicly flogged, possibly by their victims if they so wished, followed by a substantial prison sentence with the traditional hard labour approach.
The MP's that rifled through our pockets with their exaggerated expense claims and jobs for the boys mentality could possibly be keel hauled, I'm sure our local fishermen would welcome a possible source of diversified income, to help subsidise their income from meagre fishing quotas. Again this should be televised not just for amusement but as a great deterrent, there must be room for a punishment channel amongst our TV scheduling, I personally would be tuning in most evenings, a great alternative to BBC 6, 7 or whatever.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sesibollox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thecoat[/bold] wrote: Scumbags who need their hangs cutting off or better still hanging![/p][/quote]What, for a poxy car ? get real[/p][/quote]Whats a hang ? please genius...[/p][/quote]obviously a typo. They do happen occasionally you know. I agree with thecoat.. serious consequences for this scum. We need some decent laws in this country to deal with the type of vermin the last 17 years of soft soap liberal leftyism has generated. There's too much of it. For a start, there are people like you issuing threats from behind the safety of your keyboard, Alan Ball - and there are real loonytunes out there for whom only the severest punishment will be adequate. Prison sentences should be longer, fewer perks like TVs and gyms and for the worst of them all like paedos and terrorists, the rope. Too much soft soap liberal loony left policy has led to rising crime from the lowlife element in this country who think they can do as they please. Not only do they think it: they know it. Scum needs to be sorted. Hard line authoritarian government needed now to protect victims and clamp down hard on the verminous little feral scrotebags that roam the streets.[/p][/quote]Totally agree, we have to re-evaluate our criminal justice system . I propose a sliding scale of punishment based upon the level of suffering to the victim, the amount of financial loss from theft or fraud etc, amongst other factors. Penalties will start with the 'slap on wrist' for the most minor of crimes, escalating through to public executions, maybe even televised for our amusement / entertainment for the most hideous of crimes committed by murderers, rapists and abusers. Maybe the directors and so called financial professionals of our failing banks that wilfully gambled with our savings and pensions to line their own pockets through mismanagement and greed could be publicly flogged, possibly by their victims if they so wished, followed by a substantial prison sentence with the traditional hard labour approach. The MP's that rifled through our pockets with their exaggerated expense claims and jobs for the boys mentality could possibly be keel hauled, I'm sure our local fishermen would welcome a possible source of diversified income, to help subsidise their income from meagre fishing quotas. Again this should be televised not just for amusement but as a great deterrent, there must be room for a punishment channel amongst our TV scheduling, I personally would be tuning in most evenings, a great alternative to BBC 6, 7 or whatever. Daily Mail Reader
  • Score: 0
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree