Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting BWT to 80360 or you can email us »
Rylan lifts the lid on X Factor
STANFORD-Le-Hope X-Factor star Rylan Clark has hit back at haters saying: “Keep it coming, because I’m doing what I want to do and loving it.”
The 23-year-old performer has been the subject of a Twitter hate campaign but he made it through to the third week of live shows on Sunday night, securing a large enough share of the public vote to avoid the dreaded “bottom two” showdown.
Speaking to the Echo, the singer said that he is getting stick but that he isn’t bothered by it, adding that he’s enjoying the X-Factor whirlwind.
On Satuday night judge Gary Barlow said “if this was a competition of how many songs you could kill in two minutes, you would win hands down” after Rylan’s dance-music mash-up which started with a cheeky rendition of Barlow’s Take That hit Back For Good.
Barlow stormed off-set last week after it was revealed his act Carolynne Poole was out of the competition at the expense of Rylan, sparking claims that the show is fixed.
The three other show judges moved to call Rylan’s performance entertaining and fun.
Tulisa Contostavlos told Rylan that the show needs someone like him in it. Rylan, who moved to Stanford-Le-Hope 11-years ago after growing up in London, said: “I am getting a lot of stick, but you know what, bring it on because I’m doing what I want to do and i’m loving it.
“I really enjoyed myself on Saturday. I was really nervous in the first week but this week, I just thought I’m going to enjoy it. Why waste it? “At the end of the day, I’ve worked liked every other contestant to where we are. People don’t realise how much work goes in.
“I’ve got no expectations to win the show. I’m serious about doing dance music but if going on stage and having fun makes you a joke act then fine, but I’m loving it and I’m so grateful for all the support.”
“It’s been nine months since I first auditioned and it’s been an emotional rollercoaster, I’ve had so many ups and downs.”
Rylan added that he and Gary Barlow get on really well, despite the Take That singers digs at Rylan’s performances. He said that off-stage he calls him “Banter Barlow” and on-stage he calls him “Gary Bore-low”.
The star, who has previously starred in a modelling show run by ex-glamour model Katie Price, is coming home this week to see his mum Linda, who he lives with in Stanford.
He said: “I’m going to come home, see my mum as I’ve not seen her for six weeks and we’re very close so that’s been hard, but it will be nice to chill out see her and have a few friends round. “My mum’s told me that the support has been great, with people knocking on the door and calling her. “I really appreciate the supprt, so please don’t stop voting! I want to bring it back to Essex.”