Man died after drinking chocolate shake mixed with poison

A man killed himself by drinking a chocolate shake mixed with poison, an inquest has heard

A man killed himself by drinking a chocolate shake mixed with poison, an inquest has heard

First published in News

A man killed himself by drinking a chocolate shake mixed with poison.

Andrew Ryan, 44, was found dead at his home in Trotters Field, Braintree May 14 last year.

An inquest heard he had mental health issues, refused to take medication and had tried to kill himself before.

A post-mortem examination found the cause of death to be poisoning.

Eleanor McGann, deputy coroner, recorded a verdict of suicide.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree