Boy suffers burns after throwing petrol on a bonfire in Hempstead

Braintree and Witham Times: Boy suffers burns after throwing petrol on a bonfire in Hempstead Boy suffers burns after throwing petrol on a bonfire in Hempstead

Fire crews and an ambulance were called after a 15 year-old boy burned his arm after throwing petrol on a bonfire.

The fire in Finchingfield Road, Hempstead, was quickly extinguished and medics treated the boy for burns.

Sub Officer Steve Morris, of Thaxted Fire Station, said: "Incidents like this show how incredibly dangerous it is to put petrol on a bonfire. The boy had lit the fire as part of his World Cup celebrations and was having trouble getting it going.

"No one should ever throw any kind of accelerant on a fire. This boy suffered burns, but it could have been far worse. It shows how dangerous it is and why it is vital to take safety precautions if you are having a bonfire."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree