Out-of-control fire damages 600-year-old farmhouse

Braintree and Witham Times: Firefighters worked to tackle the blaze at the farmhouse Firefighters worked to tackle the blaze at the farmhouse

An out-of-control blaze has damaged a 600-year-old farmhouse.

A fire, believed to be caused by an electrical fault, broke out in the scullery of a house in Gubbions Green, Great Leighs, at 11.48am last Monday.

When firefighters arrived, ten per cent of the ground floor was well alight and the rest of the house was smoke-logged.

The scullery was 50 per cent alight.

In less than an hour, the fire had spread to the first floor of the house.

See this week's Braintree Times for the full story.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:30am Thu 5 Jun 14

Bhudeeka says...

what a shame thankfully nobody hurt and hopefully they can have remedial works to put the house in the condition it was before
what a shame thankfully nobody hurt and hopefully they can have remedial works to put the house in the condition it was before Bhudeeka
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree