Neighbours awoken by early morning building work on Morrisons M Local site in Witham

Braintree and Witham Times: Neighbours awoken by early morning building work on supermarket site Neighbours awoken by early morning building work on supermarket site

A supermarket has apologised to residents after noisy early morning building work on a new store woke up residents.

A Morrisons M Local store is planned for the former Jack and Jenny pub in Hatfield Road, Witham.

Four planning applications relating to the project are still awaiting approval, but building work is already taking place on the site.

Tony Cooper, who lives in nearby Maltings Lane, claims neighbours were awoken at 7am on Monday by contractors.

A Morrisons spokesman said: “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused on Monday morning.

“We would like to reassure our neighbours that this was a mistake and have stressed the importance to our contractors of not starting any works on site until after 8am.”

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:53am Sat 29 Mar 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Have the BWT gone and messed up again?

Surely this story wasn’t supposed to be published for another three days?

I find it quite unbelievable that there should be people who prefer to fester in their pits on such glorious Spring mornings as this; and as for decrying the efforts and enthusiasm of those who do want to get up and get on with a decent days work – well that just beggars belief.

Get a life you people!
Have the BWT gone and messed up again? Surely this story wasn’t supposed to be published for another three days? I find it quite unbelievable that there should be people who prefer to fester in their pits on such glorious Spring mornings as this; and as for decrying the efforts and enthusiasm of those who do want to get up and get on with a decent days work – well that just beggars belief. Get a life you people! OMPITA [Intl]
  • Score: 5

12:28pm Sat 29 Mar 14

pierre-pierre says...

true, I get up at 6:30 during the week, but 8:00 at week end
true, I get up at 6:30 during the week, but 8:00 at week end pierre-pierre
  • Score: -1

1:40pm Sat 29 Mar 14

rachkempen says...

I have a baby and would appreciate a lie in as and when I can get it, I have a life, an excellent one in fact but I would be very annoyed with being woken up before my baby wakes me up any day of the week. Think before you moan about people not having lives some of the residents around this area are older than the lot of us and deserve a bit more respect than that!!
I have a baby and would appreciate a lie in as and when I can get it, I have a life, an excellent one in fact but I would be very annoyed with being woken up before my baby wakes me up any day of the week. Think before you moan about people not having lives some of the residents around this area are older than the lot of us and deserve a bit more respect than that!! rachkempen
  • Score: -1

11:29am Mon 31 Mar 14

keith_l says...

BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?
BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining? keith_l
  • Score: 3

12:17pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Bhudeeka says...

its a new estate most of us didn't want the people on this estate want theire own pubs shops and so on but don't want to be woken up with the work tough we have to put up with you you can put up with the noise that your moving to area has created you want it all ways well you cant
its a new estate most of us didn't want the people on this estate want theire own pubs shops and so on but don't want to be woken up with the work tough we have to put up with you you can put up with the noise that your moving to area has created you want it all ways well you cant Bhudeeka
  • Score: -5

1:40pm Mon 31 Mar 14

keith_l says...

Bhudeeka wrote:
its a new estate most of us didn't want the people on this estate want theire own pubs shops and so on but don't want to be woken up with the work tough we have to put up with you you can put up with the noise that your moving to area has created you want it all ways well you cant
It is nothing to do with the new estate. The people who objected to the planning permission were from Hatfield Road, Maltings Lane and the two older estates to the North of Hatfield Road. The ones most affected by any building work will be those on Maltings Lane and the nearby houses on Hatfield road.

The facilities for the new estate will be further West, where the new school and pub are, where Aldi will be if the planners show some sense, a number of smaller shops, a "community facility"/village hall and a couple of sports pitches.
[quote][p][bold]Bhudeeka[/bold] wrote: its a new estate most of us didn't want the people on this estate want theire own pubs shops and so on but don't want to be woken up with the work tough we have to put up with you you can put up with the noise that your moving to area has created you want it all ways well you cant[/p][/quote]It is nothing to do with the new estate. The people who objected to the planning permission were from Hatfield Road, Maltings Lane and the two older estates to the North of Hatfield Road. The ones most affected by any building work will be those on Maltings Lane and the nearby houses on Hatfield road. The facilities for the new estate will be further West, where the new school and pub are, where Aldi will be if the planners show some sense, a number of smaller shops, a "community facility"/village hall and a couple of sports pitches. keith_l
  • Score: 6

3:12pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Lucie2013 says...

keith_l wrote:
BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?
Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it

None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there.

The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain.

Move with the times people ... please!
[quote][p][bold]keith_l[/bold] wrote: BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?[/p][/quote]Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there. The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain. Move with the times people ... please! Lucie2013
  • Score: 1

9:33am Thu 3 Apr 14

keith_l says...

Lucie2013 wrote:
keith_l wrote:
BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?
Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it

None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there.

The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain.

Move with the times people ... please!
I agree with most of what you are saying, however it is possible to develop this site into the useful amenity that we are promissed without starting as early as 7am. Usually when Braintree Council give planning permission they limit the hours to 7:30-18:00 M-F and 8-12 Sat with nothing on sundays and public holidays.
[quote][p][bold]Lucie2013[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keith_l[/bold] wrote: BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?[/p][/quote]Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there. The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain. Move with the times people ... please![/p][/quote]I agree with most of what you are saying, however it is possible to develop this site into the useful amenity that we are promissed without starting as early as 7am. Usually when Braintree Council give planning permission they limit the hours to 7:30-18:00 M-F and 8-12 Sat with nothing on sundays and public holidays. keith_l
  • Score: 0

10:08am Thu 3 Apr 14

Lucie2013 says...

keith_l wrote:
Lucie2013 wrote:
keith_l wrote:
BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?
Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it

None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there.

The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain.

Move with the times people ... please!
I agree with most of what you are saying, however it is possible to develop this site into the useful amenity that we are promissed without starting as early as 7am. Usually when Braintree Council give planning permission they limit the hours to 7:30-18:00 M-F and 8-12 Sat with nothing on sundays and public holidays.
I agree Keith a little consideration from BDC was and is called for but the "whingers" will still find something else to moan about.
[quote][p][bold]keith_l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lucie2013[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keith_l[/bold] wrote: BWT has used an old picture - that sign was taken down months ago. Why not take a pciture of the people who are actually complaining?[/p][/quote]Bcause they would get lynched for being miserable b*stards - this is progression so someone is going to have a whinge about it None of these miserable sods like change even though they will more than likely shop there. The building work and then the store itself will be creating jobs for people yet still people complain. Move with the times people ... please![/p][/quote]I agree with most of what you are saying, however it is possible to develop this site into the useful amenity that we are promissed without starting as early as 7am. Usually when Braintree Council give planning permission they limit the hours to 7:30-18:00 M-F and 8-12 Sat with nothing on sundays and public holidays.[/p][/quote]I agree Keith a little consideration from BDC was and is called for but the "whingers" will still find something else to moan about. Lucie2013
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree