Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting BWT to 80360 or you can email us »
Fire brigade - be flippin' careful on pancake day
Updated 5:20pm Monday 3rd March 2014 in News
The fire brigade is warning people to be extra flippin’ careful when they are making pancakes.
Divisional Officer Neil Fenwick said: “Shrove Tuesday is a night when thousands of homes across Essex get their frying pans out and treat themselves to pancakes.
“Frying is a major cause of house fires in the county and we are warning people to take care when they are making their pancakes.
“Our key message is that people must pay attention when they are cooking pancakes.
“Never leave the pan unattended or put it back on the hot stove while you eat your pancake. When you have finished cooking make sure that all appliances are turned off.”
Essex County Fire and Rescue advises everyone to have a working smoke alarm and to have an escape plan.
Comments are closed on this article.