Don't risk getting burned like I did, urges injured firefighter

Don't risk getting burned like I did, urges injured firefighter

Don't risk getting burned like I did, urges injured firefighter

First published in News
Last updated

A fireman has joined forces with a university to raise awareness of the hidden dangers posed by a common cold remedy.

Kevin Lock, a firefighter at Stansted, has teamed up with The St Andrew’s Anglia Ruskin Research Unit - a partnership between Anglia Ruskin University and the St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns - after an accident he suffered two years ago left him with 11 per cent burns.

Mr Lock, of Victoria Street, Braintree, was suffering from a cold when he decided to use steam inhalation and spilt a bowl of boiling water over himself in June 2012.

See the Times for the full story

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree