Home shook when a huge explosion at a malting factory left a worker suffering burns.
The explosion happened following a fire at Bairds Malt in Station Maltings, Witham, in the early hours of last Friday.
A 67-year-old man who works for the company suffered burns to his head and neck.
Mum-of-two Jordan Robinson, who lives in nearby Teak Walk, was in bed with her partner when they were woken by the explosion.
She said: “I heard the loudest of bangs. It shook the windows."
See this week's Times for the full story