Ronnie Buckingham to hold an evening of clairvoyance in Witham

Braintree and Witham Times: Ronnie Buckingham to hold an evening of clairvoyance in Witham Ronnie Buckingham to hold an evening of clairvoyance in Witham

An evening of Clairvoyance with medium Ronnie Buckingham will be held on Thursday.

The acclaimed medium aims to reunite members of the audience with friends and loved ones in the spirit world.

Doors open 6.45pm, show starts at 7.30pm.

Tickets £10 on the door only.

Please note: The event is for entertainment purposes only, Witham Public Hall Trust accepts no responsibility for any claims made.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:52pm Sun 19 Jan 14

Muk says...

I like how that last paragraph is basically just a legal admission that mediums and psychics are fake.
I like how that last paragraph is basically just a legal admission that mediums and psychics are fake. Muk

8:55pm Sun 19 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Muk wrote:
I like how that last paragraph is basically just a legal admission that mediums and psychics are fake.
Ha ha.

You really couldn't make it up could you?

(Unless of course your name is Ronnie Buckingham!)
[quote][p][bold]Muk[/bold] wrote: I like how that last paragraph is basically just a legal admission that mediums and psychics are fake.[/p][/quote]Ha ha. You really couldn't make it up could you? (Unless of course your name is Ronnie Buckingham!) OMPITA [Intl]

8:50am Mon 20 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

Whatever your beliefs you should not belittle the beliefs and thoughts of others. Simple statements as above could be taken as predjudism. If you have nothing positive to say then don't leave negative comments such as this. The last paragraph is a requirement of law and does not mean that Mediums are fake. I dare say that this will attract a slating but I don't see anyone else on here having a go at other beliefs. Perhaps that could be looked at as well.
Whatever your beliefs you should not belittle the beliefs and thoughts of others. Simple statements as above could be taken as predjudism. If you have nothing positive to say then don't leave negative comments such as this. The last paragraph is a requirement of law and does not mean that Mediums are fake. I dare say that this will attract a slating but I don't see anyone else on here having a go at other beliefs. Perhaps that could be looked at as well. Spirit13

10:19am Mon 20 Jan 14

er...i'll stop you there says...

Preying on vulnerable people desperate to contact loved ones who have passed away. Shameful.

Spirit13 - why can't people comment if its not in a positive light? People have a right to say what they think whether positive or otherwise. Other beliefs aren't in question in this story, that's why they aren't under the spotlight.

(Give a tenner to charity, would do much more good)
Preying on vulnerable people desperate to contact loved ones who have passed away. Shameful. Spirit13 - why can't people comment if its not in a positive light? People have a right to say what they think whether positive or otherwise. Other beliefs aren't in question in this story, that's why they aren't under the spotlight. (Give a tenner to charity, would do much more good) er...i'll stop you there

11:07am Mon 20 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

Pillocks
Pillocks Spirit13

2:47pm Mon 20 Jan 14

The Stinker Returns says...

I disagree that people who go to see mediums are desperate to contact their dead loved ones. It is fascinating to see how accurate mediums can be. Shallow people will choose not to believe there is anything after death and, let's face it, none of us currently alive on earth know, do we? Let is happen - what's the worst it can do?
I disagree that people who go to see mediums are desperate to contact their dead loved ones. It is fascinating to see how accurate mediums can be. Shallow people will choose not to believe there is anything after death and, let's face it, none of us currently alive on earth know, do we? Let is happen - what's the worst it can do? The Stinker Returns

3:27pm Mon 20 Jan 14

er...i'll stop you there says...

The Stinker Returns - if you want to spend a tenner watching someone perform a trick to an audience then fine, who is anyone to say how you spend your time.

Derren Brown, most notably, has shown what utter cobblers these mediums spout. He himself can replicate exactly what this Ronnie bloke does (and better).

Spirit 13 - 'If you have nothing positive to say then don't leave negative comments such as this'
The Stinker Returns - if you want to spend a tenner watching someone perform a trick to an audience then fine, who is anyone to say how you spend your time. Derren Brown, most notably, has shown what utter cobblers these mediums spout. He himself can replicate exactly what this Ronnie bloke does (and better). Spirit 13 - 'If you have nothing positive to say then don't leave negative comments such as this' er...i'll stop you there

3:54pm Mon 20 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

The Stinker Returns wrote:
I disagree that people who go to see mediums are desperate to contact their dead loved ones. It is fascinating to see how accurate mediums can be. Shallow people will choose not to believe there is anything after death and, let's face it, none of us currently alive on earth know, do we? Let is happen - what's the worst it can do?
STR asks a clear and straightforward question, i.e. 'What's the worst it can do?'

That's a fairly simple one to answer.. Depending on the state of mind of the individual attending the seance it might even on some occasions lead to the most catastrophic of consequences.

For example, take the tragic case of Terrence Day of Bristol, who on 2nd July 2010 killed himself in Penzance after visiting clairvoyant Jane Stack (AKA Elizabeth English ) .
[quote][p][bold]The Stinker Returns[/bold] wrote: I disagree that people who go to see mediums are desperate to contact their dead loved ones. It is fascinating to see how accurate mediums can be. Shallow people will choose not to believe there is anything after death and, let's face it, none of us currently alive on earth know, do we? Let is happen - what's the worst it can do?[/p][/quote]STR asks a clear and straightforward question, i.e. 'What's the worst it can do?' That's a fairly simple one to answer.. Depending on the state of mind of the individual attending the seance it might even on some occasions lead to the most catastrophic of consequences. For example, take the tragic case of Terrence Day of Bristol, who on 2nd July 2010 killed himself in Penzance after visiting clairvoyant Jane Stack (AKA Elizabeth English ) . OMPITA [Intl]

4:24pm Mon 20 Jan 14

The Stinker Returns says...

Can't say I know about the case of Mr Day from Bristol. I don't think it's a seance though. I saw a medium before Christmas. I was very sceptical about it but I was surprised by what the woman was able to tell me. It hasn't changed my life one way or the other though.
Can't say I know about the case of Mr Day from Bristol. I don't think it's a seance though. I saw a medium before Christmas. I was very sceptical about it but I was surprised by what the woman was able to tell me. It hasn't changed my life one way or the other though. The Stinker Returns

5:02pm Mon 20 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

The Stinker Returns wrote:
Can't say I know about the case of Mr Day from Bristol. I don't think it's a seance though. I saw a medium before Christmas. I was very sceptical about it but I was surprised by what the woman was able to tell me. It hasn't changed my life one way or the other though.
I used the word seance rather loosely.(A bit like calling a vacuum cleaner a 'Hoover' perhaps).

I wouldn't know the specific difference (if any) between 'an evening of clairvoyance' and 'a seance'.

Just for the record then please allow me to quote the (Daily Mail) headline at the time which said:

'IT consultant shot himself after clairvoyant gave his suicide plans her blessing and 'invited him back from the afterlife for a cup of tea' .

I shudder to think that actually happened.
[quote][p][bold]The Stinker Returns[/bold] wrote: Can't say I know about the case of Mr Day from Bristol. I don't think it's a seance though. I saw a medium before Christmas. I was very sceptical about it but I was surprised by what the woman was able to tell me. It hasn't changed my life one way or the other though.[/p][/quote]I used the word seance rather loosely.(A bit like calling a vacuum cleaner a 'Hoover' perhaps). I wouldn't know the specific difference (if any) between 'an evening of clairvoyance' and 'a seance'. Just for the record then please allow me to quote the (Daily Mail) headline at the time which said: 'IT consultant shot himself after clairvoyant gave his suicide plans her blessing and 'invited him back from the afterlife for a cup of tea' . I shudder to think that actually happened. OMPITA [Intl]

5:09pm Mon 20 Jan 14

The Stinker Returns says...

Yeah, I read up on that. It certainly wasn't the stupid woman's place to sanction his suicide (or give it her "blessing"). Mediums aren't there to advise you, in fact I understand that sometimes they admit that they cannot tell you anything. They just give messages that hold some relevance. As I said, my experience wasn't life changing but then again I hadn't made a special attempt to see a medium - she was there at a Christmas party event!
Yeah, I read up on that. It certainly wasn't the stupid woman's place to sanction his suicide (or give it her "blessing"). Mediums aren't there to advise you, in fact I understand that sometimes they admit that they cannot tell you anything. They just give messages that hold some relevance. As I said, my experience wasn't life changing but then again I hadn't made a special attempt to see a medium - she was there at a Christmas party event! The Stinker Returns

5:19pm Mon 20 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

And she was an ex Samaritan to boot!

Creepy stuff eh?
And she was an ex Samaritan to boot! Creepy stuff eh? OMPITA [Intl]

7:50am Tue 21 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

Well, that was quite easy to draw people into a bit of a debate and view opinions and I will say opinions. My comments were negative but for a reason and what I was hoping for materialised. The point of me making negative comments was also to highlight the negative, and possibly liabilised comments that were made about Mr Buckingham. I personally don't know him nor have I been to one of his shows. There is a huge difference between an evening of and a seance. I do study this subject and will say that the same as in all walks of life there are good and bad people and that covers everything and in all ways. As a Pagan I often wonder at how some of the other so called religions get away with what they do. I am not going to start a debate about this but just think back to the comment about "vulnerable people spending their money". Well what about the people who go to a Christian church every Sunday and hand over their money in the belief that a mythical God is going to give them passage into a mythical heaven? They do this gladly week after week, year after year. At least when people go to see Mr B they can then make their own mind up and if they never go again then all they've lost is a tenner, and he won't threaten them with (another mythical place) Hell & damnation. Before anyone starts a big religeous debate that is not my intention and please remember that Christianity is a fairly new religion before you send me to your hell. Don't other religions carry out exorcisms etc? how can they do this if it is all bunkham? I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone but I did cast a sprat so to speak and I wasn't surprised by the responses. No doubt the really negative ones who made comments or have read this and didn't leave comments never married in a church and made vows to a mythical being, never had their children christened in the name of a mythical being, never said goodbye to a loved one who was blessed by someone like Mr B who was allegedly a representative of a mythical being who was going to accept them into a mythical place? Blasphemy I can hear you cry but that is a Christian idea and one I cannot believe in. For those of you that believe that you die and then there's nothing else except to be burned or to be planted in the ground then that's fine. If you believe that you will reign eternal at the right hand of your God, then that is fine. If you believe that you are basically a spirit who is residing in a body and one day like an old coat you will cast it off and return to spirit, then that is fine. Why do people always try to spoil other people's dreams? Follow your heart and whatever path you follow will be the right one for you whether it is to spend £10 with Mr B, to see a Medium who doesn't charge, or spend hundreds of pounds following Christ. At the end of the day it is your choice.
Well, that was quite easy to draw people into a bit of a debate and view opinions and I will say opinions. My comments were negative but for a reason and what I was hoping for materialised. The point of me making negative comments was also to highlight the negative, and possibly liabilised comments that were made about Mr Buckingham. I personally don't know him nor have I been to one of his shows. There is a huge difference between an evening of and a seance. I do study this subject and will say that the same as in all walks of life there are good and bad people and that covers everything and in all ways. As a Pagan I often wonder at how some of the other so called religions get away with what they do. I am not going to start a debate about this but just think back to the comment about "vulnerable people spending their money". Well what about the people who go to a Christian church every Sunday and hand over their money in the belief that a mythical God is going to give them passage into a mythical heaven? They do this gladly week after week, year after year. At least when people go to see Mr B they can then make their own mind up and if they never go again then all they've lost is a tenner, and he won't threaten them with (another mythical place) Hell & damnation. Before anyone starts a big religeous debate that is not my intention and please remember that Christianity is a fairly new religion before you send me to your hell. Don't other religions carry out exorcisms etc? how can they do this if it is all bunkham? I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone but I did cast a sprat so to speak and I wasn't surprised by the responses. No doubt the really negative ones who made comments or have read this and didn't leave comments never married in a church and made vows to a mythical being, never had their children christened in the name of a mythical being, never said goodbye to a loved one who was blessed by someone like Mr B who was allegedly a representative of a mythical being who was going to accept them into a mythical place? Blasphemy I can hear you cry but that is a Christian idea and one I cannot believe in. For those of you that believe that you die and then there's nothing else except to be burned or to be planted in the ground then that's fine. If you believe that you will reign eternal at the right hand of your God, then that is fine. If you believe that you are basically a spirit who is residing in a body and one day like an old coat you will cast it off and return to spirit, then that is fine. Why do people always try to spoil other people's dreams? Follow your heart and whatever path you follow will be the right one for you whether it is to spend £10 with Mr B, to see a Medium who doesn't charge, or spend hundreds of pounds following Christ. At the end of the day it is your choice. Spirit13

11:07am Tue 21 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Irrespective of whether one agrees with Spirit13's assessment of 'what it's all about' or not, there's no disputing the fact that he has stated his case in a well balanced unemotional crystal clear fashion.

Very well put I thought!
Irrespective of whether one agrees with Spirit13's assessment of 'what it's all about' or not, there's no disputing the fact that he has stated his case in a well balanced unemotional crystal clear fashion. Very well put I thought! OMPITA [Intl]

11:24am Tue 21 Jan 14

er...i'll stop you there says...

Yes OMPITA , I agree. could have separated the paragraphs though!

Spirit13 - Mr B cannot talk to the dead ok, that's all I'm saying. More fool you if you think he can. More fool others of similar beliefs too. Think most people marry and have their children christened in church out of tradition more than anything else.

Do I think there is something/life after death? maybe, lets wait until then to find out rather than lining the pockets of fraudsters. Paul Daniels is good for a magic trick if that floats your boat.
Yes OMPITA [Intl], I agree. could have separated the paragraphs though! Spirit13 - Mr B cannot talk to the dead ok, that's all I'm saying. More fool you if you think he can. More fool others of similar beliefs too. Think most people marry and have their children christened in church out of tradition more than anything else. Do I think there is something/life after death? maybe, lets wait until then to find out rather than lining the pockets of fraudsters. Paul Daniels is good for a magic trick if that floats your boat. er...i'll stop you there

12:27pm Tue 21 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

I think we are in danger of going down the route that Spirtit13 said he didn’t want to go. (i.e ‘not going to start a debate about how some of the other so called religions get away with what they do’) but what the heck (oops, nearly said ‘hell’ - but of course that’s just myth.

I do feel compelled though to say how much I agree with your philosophy vis-á-vis just wait and see. Frankly I don’t think the human mind is capable of understanding ‘what it’s all about’ and I don’t think we are meant to worry our guts out in trying to do so.

One of the most sage little sayings I have ever come across is ‘Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die’ (A slightly corrupt emanation from Tennyson’s ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’? Whatever – it sums it all up to me).

I am equally of the same firm opinion that Mr B cannot talk to the dead any more than the ‘other lot’ in frocks and funny hats can commune on our behalf with any form of ‘higher authority’. What utter nonsense it all is to suggest that they can.

That doesn’t however denigrate the massive contribution that so many of them make in terms of pastoral care, and there is no doubt that they bring great comfort to many in so doing. The point I wish to make is that it doesn’t require religious zealotry to achieve that - just simply fundamental ‘milk of human kindness’ irrespective of personal belief.

I did however once meet one man of the cloth for whom I have everlasting great respect. Forty odd years ago whilst on military duty and having been confronted with a sudden death of a civilian, I called for a Padre to attend in order to offer comfort to the deceased’s wife. When the three of us had a quiet moment together (by that I mean the Padre and the Deceased and myself) I asked him (the Padre) if he knew what it was all about? He said to be honest he hadn't got a bloody clue, but as I obviously had everything under control he was off back to the Officers Mess for a couple of much needed large Whiskeys.

I admired him for his honesty as much as I loathe the charlatans of the Catholic Church who so callously instilled such fear and misery into earlier generations of my own family that the damage has spanned two centuries, even to this day.
I think we are in danger of going down the route that Spirtit13 said he didn’t want to go. (i.e ‘not going to start a debate about how some of the other so called religions get away with what they do’) but what the heck (oops, nearly said ‘hell’ - but of course that’s just myth. I do feel compelled though to say how much I agree with your philosophy vis-á-vis just wait and see. Frankly I don’t think the human mind is capable of understanding ‘what it’s all about’ and I don’t think we are meant to worry our guts out in trying to do so. One of the most sage little sayings I have ever come across is ‘Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die’ (A slightly corrupt emanation from Tennyson’s ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’? Whatever – it sums it all up to me). I am equally of the same firm opinion that Mr B cannot talk to the dead any more than the ‘other lot’ in frocks and funny hats can commune on our behalf with any form of ‘higher authority’. What utter nonsense it all is to suggest that they can. That doesn’t however denigrate the massive contribution that so many of them make in terms of pastoral care, and there is no doubt that they bring great comfort to many in so doing. The point I wish to make is that it doesn’t require religious zealotry to achieve that - just simply fundamental ‘milk of human kindness’ irrespective of personal belief. I did however once meet one man of the cloth for whom I have everlasting great respect. Forty odd years ago whilst on military duty and having been confronted with a sudden death of a civilian, I called for a Padre to attend in order to offer comfort to the deceased’s wife. When the three of us had a quiet moment together (by that I mean the Padre and the Deceased and myself) I asked him (the Padre) if he knew what it was all about? He said to be honest he hadn't got a bloody clue, but as I obviously had everything under control he was off back to the Officers Mess for a couple of much needed large Whiskeys. I admired him for his honesty as much as I loathe the charlatans of the Catholic Church who so callously instilled such fear and misery into earlier generations of my own family that the damage has spanned two centuries, even to this day. OMPITA [Intl]

2:21pm Tue 21 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

I will respond to being called foolish (fool you if you think he can) as a comment coming from a person who is uneducated in this particular field. I will not encrouch on others beliefs neither will I call them fools. The statements on here should have been "I don't believe that it is possible to communicate with those that have passed over". That would have been an upfront and honest opinion without the need to diminish the beliefs or activities of others. There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist rather than it doesn't in the same way that there is far more evidence that the Nazareen existed (Jesus) more than Julias Ceasar but we never question it. I will thank you all for your opinions and will now gracefully bow out of any further discussion as I believe it has run it's course. As for the possibility of "communication" I will just say that according to science, a bumble bee can't possibly fly. Room for thought.
I will respond to being called foolish (fool you if you think he can) as a comment coming from a person who is uneducated in this particular field. I will not encrouch on others beliefs neither will I call them fools. The statements on here should have been "I don't believe that it is possible to communicate with those that have passed over". That would have been an upfront and honest opinion without the need to diminish the beliefs or activities of others. There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist rather than it doesn't in the same way that there is far more evidence that the Nazareen existed (Jesus) more than Julias Ceasar but we never question it. I will thank you all for your opinions and will now gracefully bow out of any further discussion as I believe it has run it's course. As for the possibility of "communication" I will just say that according to science, a bumble bee can't possibly fly. Room for thought. Spirit13

3:56pm Tue 21 Jan 14

er...i'll stop you there says...

Spirit13 wrote:
I will respond to being called foolish (fool you if you think he can) as a comment coming from a person who is uneducated in this particular field. I will not encrouch on others beliefs neither will I call them fools. The statements on here should have been "I don't believe that it is possible to communicate with those that have passed over". That would have been an upfront and honest opinion without the need to diminish the beliefs or activities of others. There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist rather than it doesn't in the same way that there is far more evidence that the Nazareen existed (Jesus) more than Julias Ceasar but we never question it. I will thank you all for your opinions and will now gracefully bow out of any further discussion as I believe it has run it's course. As for the possibility of "communication" I will just say that according to science, a bumble bee can't possibly fly. Room for thought.
I just think you're being sold a con and I don't like Mr B coming along and taking yours and others money on that basis.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to dedicate their life to something they cannot possibly prove is 100% real. Speculate a litte, sure...but live life in the real world and don't bog yourself down with questions you cant answer.

' There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist' - the argumentative person inside me wants you to lay all your evidence out in front of me so I can pick holes but I think that's enough

OMPITA - I hear what you're saying about it providing some comfort to relatives of loved ones who have passed away actually, that's why 99% of the time I let it go. Annoys me hearing Mr B and the like bragging about their special powers though when you know its all a con.
[quote][p][bold]Spirit13[/bold] wrote: I will respond to being called foolish (fool you if you think he can) as a comment coming from a person who is uneducated in this particular field. I will not encrouch on others beliefs neither will I call them fools. The statements on here should have been "I don't believe that it is possible to communicate with those that have passed over". That would have been an upfront and honest opinion without the need to diminish the beliefs or activities of others. There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist rather than it doesn't in the same way that there is far more evidence that the Nazareen existed (Jesus) more than Julias Ceasar but we never question it. I will thank you all for your opinions and will now gracefully bow out of any further discussion as I believe it has run it's course. As for the possibility of "communication" I will just say that according to science, a bumble bee can't possibly fly. Room for thought.[/p][/quote]I just think you're being sold a con and I don't like Mr B coming along and taking yours and others money on that basis. Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to dedicate their life to something they cannot possibly prove is 100% real. Speculate a litte, sure...but live life in the real world and don't bog yourself down with questions you cant answer. ' There is far more evidence to say that communication with the other side does exist' - the argumentative person inside me wants you to lay all your evidence out in front of me so I can pick holes but I think that's enough OMPITA - I hear what you're saying about it providing some comfort to relatives of loved ones who have passed away actually, that's why 99% of the time I let it go. Annoys me hearing Mr B and the like bragging about their special powers though when you know its all a con. er...i'll stop you there

8:22am Wed 22 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

Just thought I would have a pop on here before I laid this to rest. People have all kinds of beliefs and activities and a lot of them I find rather strange. This is by no means tit for tat but I cannot see the point of grown men running around kicking a ball, spending hours in a gym thinking it may extend their life or feeding their ego's, and so it goes on. What on earth is the point of collecting stamps? Now, these are my views but what I won't do is say that the people who follow these activities are crazy or "fools". Perhaps some people just wake up spend all day in bed or sit in front of the TV because they believe in nothing. If they do then that is their choice.
So why have I been commenting on here? Before many of you go "there you go, I thought so" you will need to remove a critical head and just go with the flow for a few seconds. I am a practicing Medium and have been for over 40 years. It is something that just happened, I didn't study for it, go on a course, it just happened. If you are "into" this field of work or have even the slightest of interest you will know that there is far more evidence to say that there is something there rather than not. I adore sceptics and am never upset by them because I believe it keeps our feet on the ground, well most of us so whether you believe it is all a load of crap or whatever doesn't really bother me, it makes me smile. I am often called by people who require some kind of comfort or help and as long as they feel that I have helped then I have done my work. I have recently been called twice to properties where people, including children, were being terrorised. They now have peace in their lives and as long as they are happy then that is all that matters. KEEP READING. By my own governance and the beliefs that I have I will never tell a lie so unless I do actually pick anything up I will be honest with the person and tell them if nothing is there. Again by my own governance and beliefs I will never make any kind of charge nor will I ever accept any kind of gift and that for me is so important. I am a very kind and gentle person and even if I just go to sit with someone and give them comfort, I have done my work. I am asked many times for why I believe so much in the Spirit world and how I can be so sure of it's existance and I always answer in the same way;
It brings me comfort and is the way I live my life. It helps me to help others and give my all to anyone who needs me and that alone is my reward. The evidence I receive is for me to believe, I never thrust my beliefs on others. All I ask in exchange for my kindness and honesty is please don't mock me or my beliefs because to me they are very real. Breweries, tobacco producers, chocolate producers, pie makers, diet clubs, and so it goes on all benefit from the weaknesses of others.
If I could now take us back to the original point of Mr B, I know of the Gentleman but do not know him personally. I have not nor would I go to one of his "shows" as I believe it is wrong to profit from other people in this way. I believe he also does private sitting for money and again I believe this to be very wrong. I do not like Mediums who take money from others and I agree so very much with others on here that this really is shameful. I have many people come to me who have handed over £50 - £100 to such a person and they have been left feeling worse than when they started. I do not like these so called "ghost hunter" groups that are springing up all over the place and again making money from vulnerable people. Run the groups if you like but don't take people's money.
I hope that I have made my thoughts known in a positive way on here because that was my intention. Spiritualism, Mediums, Wiccan's Witches, Christians, Catholics, Buddists, Muslims, etc all have their beliefs and I send blessings to them all. Your beliefs are real to you. As for Mr B, I don't know of his ability, do I think that such performances should be stopped? a very definite yes.
As for existance, again I say, "show me the wind not the effect. Show me love, not the effect, show me hate, not the anger". When you can do this I may just start to understand. Bright blessings to you all )0(
Just thought I would have a pop on here before I laid this to rest. People have all kinds of beliefs and activities and a lot of them I find rather strange. This is by no means tit for tat but I cannot see the point of grown men running around kicking a ball, spending hours in a gym thinking it may extend their life or feeding their ego's, and so it goes on. What on earth is the point of collecting stamps? Now, these are my views but what I won't do is say that the people who follow these activities are crazy or "fools". Perhaps some people just wake up spend all day in bed or sit in front of the TV because they believe in nothing. If they do then that is their choice. So why have I been commenting on here? Before many of you go "there you go, I thought so" you will need to remove a critical head and just go with the flow for a few seconds. I am a practicing Medium and have been for over 40 years. It is something that just happened, I didn't study for it, go on a course, it just happened. If you are "into" this field of work or have even the slightest of interest you will know that there is far more evidence to say that there is something there rather than not. I adore sceptics and am never upset by them because I believe it keeps our feet on the ground, well most of us so whether you believe it is all a load of crap or whatever doesn't really bother me, it makes me smile. I am often called by people who require some kind of comfort or help and as long as they feel that I have helped then I have done my work. I have recently been called twice to properties where people, including children, were being terrorised. They now have peace in their lives and as long as they are happy then that is all that matters. KEEP READING. By my own governance and the beliefs that I have I will never tell a lie so unless I do actually pick anything up I will be honest with the person and tell them if nothing is there. Again by my own governance and beliefs I will never make any kind of charge nor will I ever accept any kind of gift and that for me is so important. I am a very kind and gentle person and even if I just go to sit with someone and give them comfort, I have done my work. I am asked many times for why I believe so much in the Spirit world and how I can be so sure of it's existance and I always answer in the same way; It brings me comfort and is the way I live my life. It helps me to help others and give my all to anyone who needs me and that alone is my reward. The evidence I receive is for me to believe, I never thrust my beliefs on others. All I ask in exchange for my kindness and honesty is please don't mock me or my beliefs because to me they are very real. Breweries, tobacco producers, chocolate producers, pie makers, diet clubs, and so it goes on all benefit from the weaknesses of others. If I could now take us back to the original point of Mr B, I know of the Gentleman but do not know him personally. I have not nor would I go to one of his "shows" as I believe it is wrong to profit from other people in this way. I believe he also does private sitting for money and again I believe this to be very wrong. I do not like Mediums who take money from others and I agree so very much with others on here that this really is shameful. I have many people come to me who have handed over £50 - £100 to such a person and they have been left feeling worse than when they started. I do not like these so called "ghost hunter" groups that are springing up all over the place and again making money from vulnerable people. Run the groups if you like but don't take people's money. I hope that I have made my thoughts known in a positive way on here because that was my intention. Spiritualism, Mediums, Wiccan's Witches, Christians, Catholics, Buddists, Muslims, etc all have their beliefs and I send blessings to them all. Your beliefs are real to you. As for Mr B, I don't know of his ability, do I think that such performances should be stopped? a very definite yes. As for existance, again I say, "show me the wind not the effect. Show me love, not the effect, show me hate, not the anger". When you can do this I may just start to understand. Bright blessings to you all )0( Spirit13

8:42am Wed 22 Jan 14

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Agree entirely, partially, or not at all - that is an Excellent Submission!
Agree entirely, partially, or not at all - that is an Excellent Submission! OMPITA [Intl]

10:00am Wed 22 Jan 14

Spirit13 says...

OMPITA, thank you. I believe that you have just made the most valuable of comments and your words are extremely wise. I will now definitely leave this discussion and I will do so with a glad heart that it ended up as a fruitful discussion rather than words of ridicule and bitterness. My intention was not to change peoples opinions but to ask for a little more compassion and tolerence of others beliefs and interests. If we look back at the beginning whilst my belief in an afterlife was different to everyone elses the actual subject matter we were able to agree with. Openess has proven to be the wisest of courses for which I am grateful.
OMPITA, thank you. I believe that you have just made the most valuable of comments and your words are extremely wise. I will now definitely leave this discussion and I will do so with a glad heart that it ended up as a fruitful discussion rather than words of ridicule and bitterness. My intention was not to change peoples opinions but to ask for a little more compassion and tolerence of others beliefs and interests. If we look back at the beginning whilst my belief in an afterlife was different to everyone elses the actual subject matter we were able to agree with. Openess has proven to be the wisest of courses for which I am grateful. Spirit13

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree