Police determined to win hate crime battle

Police determined to win hate crime battle

Police determined to win hate crime battle

First published in News

COPS have launched a new initiative to crack down on hate crime across Essex.

Chief Constable Stephen Kavanagh has set up the Stop the Hate campaign to tackle assaults and abuse which is motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability.

Essex Police will work closely with other organisations, including the NHS, Essex district and borough councils, the Crown Prosecution Service, and Essex Probation Service.

The project has been given the tagline “report it, sort it” and police say they are determined to help victims gain confidence to report abuse.

During a conference to launch the initiative, police announced they will be rolling out hate incident reporting centres across Essex.

It follows successful pilot schemes in Southend, Basildon and Chelmsford, which have been running since July.

The aim of the centres is to make it easier for members of the public to report hate incidents by offering them a safe and easilyaccessible place to go.

Hate crime ambassadors are expected to be based at each centre.

They will be able to engage with the wider community, promoting hate crime awareness and working closely with the Essex Police Hate Crime Officer team.

Simon Hart, chair of Essex Safeguarding Adult Board, said: “We are very pleased to be able to support this event.

“Our safeguarding adults project survey last year highlighted that vulnerable people across Essex are both worried about and experiencing hate related incidents.

“The board are therefore completely committed to ensuring robust work is under way to look at how we can continue to tackle this issue.

“This conference is one of a number of projects we are funding to help vulnerable adults feel safer to live in our communities.”

Tony Cox, councillor responsible for public protection, waste and transport at Southend Council, said: “Hate crime and bullying of any sort is just not acceptable in our town or our county, so it needs reporting and sorting, especially as it can take many forms and happen to anyone.

“I believe this initiative will go a long way towards tackling these dreadful crimes and the criminals who commit them.”

Councillor Terri Sargent, Basildon's cabinet member for community, said: “Basildon Council is proud to be backing this campaign.

“We are committed to helping to raise awareness of hate crime and working together to encourage people to report it.

“There is no place for this kind of behaviour in our town and this initiative highlight the steps that can be taken to tackle it."”

For more information about Stop The Hate, go to www.stopthehate.org.uk

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:43am Fri 20 Dec 13

Kim Gandy says...

Cllr Terri Sargent needs to look within her own council then, at obnoxious lefties who love victimising people online by reTweeting rubbish they find on the internet that has no basis in the truth.

Most hate crime I see is online. Myself and many others have been made victims of it and it is the most cowardly as these morons don't do it to your face. They do it from behind the safety of a keyboard. And the most ironic aspect of it all is it is THEY who are not exactly squeaky clean.

I am now gathering photographic and other evidence of this and will be using it.

However 2014 will be the year they come unstuck as many of us are not prepared to tolerate it any more.

Those responsible within politics will be shown to be what they are. Stupid really because election campaigns will suffer. There are many ways of alerting the public to rogue politicians without using the local paper, which doesn't seem too keen to report it.

And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture.

However, the Echo has a new editor soon; a new broom sweeps clean..

Myself and others are committed to doing our best to winkle out those responsible. I have already begun - and it is all being done legally and above board.

In the words of Tom Petty, I won't back down - and I will not be bullied and bamboozled by idiots.

Work has already begun and is now in the hands of officials.

And it's no good being smug and arrogant, sooner or later perpetrating, regurgitating and reTweeting existing lies, rumour mongering and insults will catch up with you.

You know who you are.
Cllr Terri Sargent needs to look within her own council then, at obnoxious lefties who love victimising people online by reTweeting rubbish they find on the internet that has no basis in the truth. Most hate crime I see is online. Myself and many others have been made victims of it and it is the most cowardly as these morons don't do it to your face. They do it from behind the safety of a keyboard. And the most ironic aspect of it all is it is THEY who are not exactly squeaky clean. I am now gathering photographic and other evidence of this and will be using it. However 2014 will be the year they come unstuck as many of us are not prepared to tolerate it any more. Those responsible within politics will be shown to be what they are. Stupid really because election campaigns will suffer. There are many ways of alerting the public to rogue politicians without using the local paper, which doesn't seem too keen to report it. And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture. However, the Echo has a new editor soon; a new broom sweeps clean.. Myself and others are committed to doing our best to winkle out those responsible. I have already begun - and it is all being done legally and above board. In the words of Tom Petty, I won't back down - and I will not be bullied and bamboozled by idiots. Work has already begun and is now in the hands of officials. And it's no good being smug and arrogant, sooner or later perpetrating, regurgitating and reTweeting existing lies, rumour mongering and insults will catch up with you. You know who you are. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -1

7:45am Fri 20 Dec 13

Kim Gandy says...

....and unlike these idiots, who only have lies, rumours and conjecture as "evidence" and nothing concrete, I have gathered documentary evidence of texts, emails and screencaps.

And I will be using them.
....and unlike these idiots, who only have lies, rumours and conjecture as "evidence" and nothing concrete, I have gathered documentary evidence of texts, emails and screencaps. And I will be using them. Kim Gandy
  • Score: -5

8:02am Fri 20 Dec 13

pembury53 says...

so if your the victim of an assault which is not motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability, is that somehow less serious ?
so if your the victim of an assault which is not motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability, is that somehow less serious ? pembury53
  • Score: 14

8:30am Fri 20 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about? Rochford Rob
  • Score: 8

8:51am Fri 20 Dec 13

Bhudeeka says...

pembury53 you speak the vile truth yet they believe theire actions are not hate filled - they most definitely are. if you are a white heterosexual don't bother calling anyone because apparently you deserve it. I really wish you wonderful British people would stand up for yourselves and refuse to be treated this way - I am not talking about violence or anything just group together and lobby legally and take back control. Right now if you are white, heterosexual and law abiding you are considered filth. I cant believe this once wonderful country has allowed itself to fall into this intolerance trap and all those responseilbe in government police etc should be ashamed of themselves and step out of office
pembury53 you speak the vile truth yet they believe theire actions are not hate filled - they most definitely are. if you are a white heterosexual don't bother calling anyone because apparently you deserve it. I really wish you wonderful British people would stand up for yourselves and refuse to be treated this way - I am not talking about violence or anything just group together and lobby legally and take back control. Right now if you are white, heterosexual and law abiding you are considered filth. I cant believe this once wonderful country has allowed itself to fall into this intolerance trap and all those responseilbe in government police etc should be ashamed of themselves and step out of office Bhudeeka
  • Score: 14

9:12am Fri 20 Dec 13

totallyfootball says...

Just another excuse to justify there own being lets face it they do a pretty poor job in what they do now doo we need to dilute the resources, lets get the basic policing right first and start by getting rid of the lazy and corrupt within the ranks. The public fail to report a lot of crime because nothing is done about it! Do away with the self assessed PCC and get independents in to see if they are pulling their weight or not? Kavanagh in my opinion is a say a lot do little merchant, the worst Chief Constable that this county has had in recent years!
Just another excuse to justify there own being lets face it they do a pretty poor job in what they do now doo we need to dilute the resources, lets get the basic policing right first and start by getting rid of the lazy and corrupt within the ranks. The public fail to report a lot of crime because nothing is done about it! Do away with the self assessed PCC and get independents in to see if they are pulling their weight or not? Kavanagh in my opinion is a say a lot do little merchant, the worst Chief Constable that this county has had in recent years! totallyfootball
  • Score: 11

11:41am Fri 20 Dec 13

cavillas says...

Kim Gandy "And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture.
"
Isn't that the same sort of bullying and tale telling you are complaining of yourself. Better not to say things like this as you, yourself, are being left open to being called a bully and prejudiced, just a word of warning.
Kim Gandy "And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture. " Isn't that the same sort of bullying and tale telling you are complaining of yourself. Better not to say things like this as you, yourself, are being left open to being called a bully and prejudiced, just a word of warning. cavillas
  • Score: -1

11:54am Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
....and unlike these idiots, who only have lies, rumours and conjecture as "evidence" and nothing concrete, I have gathered documentary evidence of texts, emails and screencaps.

And I will be using them.
Under what 'hate' would you say the crime against you is perpetrated Kim?

"Race, Religion, Sexual orientation, Transgender identity or Disability"

To that you can add Gender and Agism which for some reason has been missed out.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: ....and unlike these idiots, who only have lies, rumours and conjecture as "evidence" and nothing concrete, I have gathered documentary evidence of texts, emails and screencaps. And I will be using them.[/p][/quote]Under what 'hate' would you say the crime against you is perpetrated Kim? "Race, Religion, Sexual orientation, Transgender identity or Disability" To that you can add Gender and Agism which for some reason has been missed out. Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -1

11:56am Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads. Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -5

12:01pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Bhudeeka wrote:
pembury53 you speak the vile truth yet they believe theire actions are not hate filled - they most definitely are. if you are a white heterosexual don't bother calling anyone because apparently you deserve it. I really wish you wonderful British people would stand up for yourselves and refuse to be treated this way - I am not talking about violence or anything just group together and lobby legally and take back control. Right now if you are white, heterosexual and law abiding you are considered filth. I cant believe this once wonderful country has allowed itself to fall into this intolerance trap and all those responseilbe in government police etc should be ashamed of themselves and step out of office
"white, heterosexual and law abiding"

Do you think being the above does not give your protection within the scope of the strands of diversity?

"Race, Religion, Sexual orientation, Transgender identity, Disability, Gender and Age"

Does not a white heteosexual have an avenue of complaint the same as the others...and the same avenue if they are discriminated by not having their complaint dealt with because of their diversity?

Making all equal does not make some less equal!
[quote][p][bold]Bhudeeka[/bold] wrote: pembury53 you speak the vile truth yet they believe theire actions are not hate filled - they most definitely are. if you are a white heterosexual don't bother calling anyone because apparently you deserve it. I really wish you wonderful British people would stand up for yourselves and refuse to be treated this way - I am not talking about violence or anything just group together and lobby legally and take back control. Right now if you are white, heterosexual and law abiding you are considered filth. I cant believe this once wonderful country has allowed itself to fall into this intolerance trap and all those responseilbe in government police etc should be ashamed of themselves and step out of office[/p][/quote]"white, heterosexual and law abiding" Do you think being the above does not give your protection within the scope of the strands of diversity? "Race, Religion, Sexual orientation, Transgender identity, Disability, Gender and Age" Does not a white heteosexual have an avenue of complaint the same as the others...and the same avenue if they are discriminated by not having their complaint dealt with because of their diversity? Making all equal does not make some less equal! Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -9

1:04pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

For all those over two years who have scoffed at the notion their racial abuse, slur and incitement would be reported to the police, to decide if they have broken any laws, well heres the proof you were asking for that the police would and are taking it seriously. Crime is crime no matter who commits it..right?

Im sure all would agree; if someone is suspected of criminal activity they should be investigated.

"The Dossier", as one wag called it, will next year be made available, with all the information collated, to the relevant police department

Amongst that information is incitement to murder, violence, racial hate, racial slur occasioning further abuse, threats and incitement.

Those who have left and scurried for their holes can rest assured they have not be forgotten and any of their posts deemed abusive will be included...so if your reading

excitation, muffindamule, smagport/stropmag, son of stropmag, the original stropmag, chief constable, Brunning999, doasilikey, resident3, Ethan Edwards, wiserman, P****111, Alekhine, APR, Bye Bye, chris funk, LewisP, Perini, Johnny Foreigner,. D'weller, Katch22, minceir, the truth will prevail..you are still remembered

There are many many more...these are just some names going back to two years ago and they might find they have questions to answer or not as the case maybe.

The latest batch on here are being sieved to see which ones are more likely to be charged with a criminal offense, racial abuse or the incitement to cause, and then included to the package

One or two posters walked with 'grandmother steps', internet terminology for keeping just this side of legality, but found that their posts incited racial abuse...are they guilty of incitement?

Well the CPS will have to decide that.

Essex police have been aware for a long time that there was a problem with hate crime in Essex and this comments section was, imo, very much the gauge of that. They were aware of the comments on these threads and people were told this many times over the last two years.

Warnings were given that some posts and terms were racially offensive to people and many stopped posting such, but some hard-core continued and incited others!

Things work slowly in law enforcement but they do work eventually...

For all those who now wonder...remember, if you committed no crime ie racial abuse or incitement then your posts won't of been saved and you will have nothing to worry about....will you?

We will never have a fair and just society while we refuse to respect and accept each others diversity...those who find themselves convicted because of their hate are a hindrance to a society that sees and treats all as equals...isn't that what we all want a fair and just society...or do some want to be more equal than others?

The chickens are coming home to roost...****-a-doodl
e-doo
For all those over two years who have scoffed at the notion their racial abuse, slur and incitement would be reported to the police, to decide if they have broken any laws, well heres the proof you were asking for that the police would and are taking it seriously. Crime is crime no matter who commits it..right? Im sure all would agree; if someone is suspected of criminal activity they should be investigated. "The Dossier", as one wag called it, will next year be made available, with all the information collated, to the relevant police department Amongst that information is incitement to murder, violence, racial hate, racial slur occasioning further abuse, threats and incitement. Those who have left and scurried for their holes can rest assured they have not be forgotten and any of their posts deemed abusive will be included...so if your reading excitation, muffindamule, smagport/stropmag, son of stropmag, the original stropmag, chief constable, Brunning999, doasilikey, resident3, Ethan Edwards, wiserman, P****111, Alekhine, APR, Bye Bye, chris funk, LewisP, Perini, Johnny Foreigner,. D'weller, Katch22, minceir, the truth will prevail..you are still remembered There are many many more...these are just some names going back to two years ago and they might find they have questions to answer or not as the case maybe. The latest batch on here are being sieved to see which ones are more likely to be charged with a criminal offense, racial abuse or the incitement to cause, and then included to the package One or two posters walked with 'grandmother steps', internet terminology for keeping just this side of legality, but found that their posts incited racial abuse...are they guilty of incitement? Well the CPS will have to decide that. Essex police have been aware for a long time that there was a problem with hate crime in Essex and this comments section was, imo, very much the gauge of that. They were aware of the comments on these threads and people were told this many times over the last two years. Warnings were given that some posts and terms were racially offensive to people and many stopped posting such, but some hard-core continued and incited others! Things work slowly in law enforcement but they do work eventually... For all those who now wonder...remember, if you committed no crime ie racial abuse or incitement then your posts won't of been saved and you will have nothing to worry about....will you? We will never have a fair and just society while we refuse to respect and accept each others diversity...those who find themselves convicted because of their hate are a hindrance to a society that sees and treats all as equals...isn't that what we all want a fair and just society...or do some want to be more equal than others? The chickens are coming home to roost...****-a-doodl e-doo Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -11

2:12pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make.

Go and do some travelling.

Off you go little troll.

Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй
[quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.[/p][/quote]Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make. Go and do some travelling. Off you go little troll. Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй Rochford Rob
  • Score: 3

4:26pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Nowthatsworthknowing says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make.

Go and do some travelling.

Off you go little troll.

Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй
I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.[/p][/quote]Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make. Go and do some travelling. Off you go little troll. Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй[/p][/quote]I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard Nowthatsworthknowing
  • Score: -6

4:37pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make.

Go and do some travelling.

Off you go little troll.

Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй
I don't think racist abuse, slurs or incitement are open to interpretation. really!

It is clear you are one of those sad souls who thinks they are more equal than others and the fragile ego is trouble when its shown you are not..

The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it?

Theres also the mindset of one who feels the need to use foul language but also knows it is anti-social to the point of disguising it...Im sure an expert in those sort of malays would be needed to see why that was the case..

Im sure you think your past association, if true, with the police means you will be overlooked...it will be interesting to see if that is the case..."people will be held responsible for their hate crimes unless they are ex police officers"

Perhaps this very post will make sure that isn't the case...thank you for facilitating it.

Make your mind up, am I troll or a opponent of racism?
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.[/p][/quote]Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make. Go and do some travelling. Off you go little troll. Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй[/p][/quote]I don't think racist abuse, slurs or incitement are open to interpretation. really! It is clear you are one of those sad souls who thinks they are more equal than others and the fragile ego is trouble when its shown you are not.. The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it? Theres also the mindset of one who feels the need to use foul language but also knows it is anti-social to the point of disguising it...Im sure an expert in those sort of malays would be needed to see why that was the case.. Im sure you think your past association, if true, with the police means you will be overlooked...it will be interesting to see if that is the case..."people will be held responsible for their hate crimes unless they are ex police officers" Perhaps this very post will make sure that isn't the case...thank you for facilitating it. Make your mind up, am I troll or a opponent of racism? Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -5

5:19pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make.

Go and do some travelling.

Off you go little troll.

Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй
I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard
Would you like to point out what is racist you moron?

Want to fight me eh? Ooh, I'm scared.

Bare knuckle - as favoured by the non travelling travellers?

Hello LL !
[quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.[/p][/quote]Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make. Go and do some travelling. Off you go little troll. Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй[/p][/quote]I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard[/p][/quote]Would you like to point out what is racist you moron? Want to fight me eh? Ooh, I'm scared. Bare knuckle - as favoured by the non travelling travellers? Hello LL ! Rochford Rob
  • Score: 4

5:24pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Rochford Rob says...

Another lunatic fantasist wrote:

"The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it?
"

Last time I checked writing foreign words on a forum wasn't against the law.

And unless the statute is introduced retrospectively (which I doubt) your dossier won't be worth the imaginary paper it's written on.

Now go and talk to your alter ego as he wants to engage in fisticuffs and I know you are against violence aren't you?
Another lunatic fantasist wrote: "The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it? " Last time I checked writing foreign words on a forum wasn't against the law. And unless the statute is introduced retrospectively (which I doubt) your dossier won't be worth the imaginary paper it's written on. Now go and talk to your alter ego as he wants to engage in fisticuffs and I know you are against violence aren't you? Rochford Rob
  • Score: 5

5:54pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
Another lunatic fantasist wrote:

"The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it?
"

Last time I checked writing foreign words on a forum wasn't against the law.

And unless the statute is introduced retrospectively (which I doubt) your dossier won't be worth the imaginary paper it's written on.

Now go and talk to your alter ego as he wants to engage in fisticuffs and I know you are against violence aren't you?
It would seem anyone who disagrees with you is suffering from some mental disability...as you have so posted many times.

Would posting racial abuse in a foreign language on a forum be lawful?

The issue wasn't about the legality or the lawfulness of the foul language in a foreign language, but whether it infringed the terms and conditions of the comment section..

Seemingly it doesn't!

Hence everyone can do it!

Now consider, if a person from a ethnic minority group were to do it and find themselves banned for doing so...would they then have a case of racial discrimination?

I see you are worried about the "imaginary dossier"

Of course some people cannot face reality...the "dossier" is real enough and its my opinion, that your constant denial of it is for the benefit of those who might racially abuse if they think it is safe to do so...ie your denial is incitement!

Well of course if you haven't racially abused anyone or incited same or abused anyone because of what might be termed mental health issues then you have nothing to worry about...do you remember?

Have you saved all your posts...strangely enough there are posts saved by you, which can be for only one reason!

If I were to talk to another poster it would be on here..I do not have a 'alter ego' as far as I know...perhaps I'M the alter ego...that would be an interesting debate to have with someone but definitely not with a chappy like you.

I have one account on here and do not post as anyone else.

Thats the truth of the matter believe it or not as you please...your opinion is totally worthless to me and I'm sure others.

BTW, Im sure the echo will be pleased that you have opened up such a conundrum for them..
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: Another lunatic fantasist wrote: "The fact the admin allows you to continue using foul language in a foreign language is something they might have to explain at a later date...unless of course its something they allow...I wonder how they would feel if everyone did it? " Last time I checked writing foreign words on a forum wasn't against the law. And unless the statute is introduced retrospectively (which I doubt) your dossier won't be worth the imaginary paper it's written on. Now go and talk to your alter ego as he wants to engage in fisticuffs and I know you are against violence aren't you?[/p][/quote]It would seem anyone who disagrees with you is suffering from some mental disability...as you have so posted many times. Would posting racial abuse in a foreign language on a forum be lawful? The issue wasn't about the legality or the lawfulness of the foul language in a foreign language, but whether it infringed the terms and conditions of the comment section.. Seemingly it doesn't! Hence everyone can do it! Now consider, if a person from a ethnic minority group were to do it and find themselves banned for doing so...would they then have a case of racial discrimination? I see you are worried about the "imaginary dossier" Of course some people cannot face reality...the "dossier" is real enough and its my opinion, that your constant denial of it is for the benefit of those who might racially abuse if they think it is safe to do so...ie your denial is incitement! Well of course if you haven't racially abused anyone or incited same or abused anyone because of what might be termed mental health issues then you have nothing to worry about...do you remember? Have you saved all your posts...strangely enough there are posts saved by you, which can be for only one reason! If I were to talk to another poster it would be on here..I do not have a 'alter ego' as far as I know...perhaps I'M the alter ego...that would be an interesting debate to have with someone but definitely not with a chappy like you. I have one account on here and do not post as anyone else. Thats the truth of the matter believe it or not as you please...your opinion is totally worthless to me and I'm sure others. BTW, Im sure the echo will be pleased that you have opened up such a conundrum for them.. Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -6

6:07pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Rochford Rob wrote:
Nowthatsworthknowing wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Rochford Rob wrote:
More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do.

Getting worse than Orwell's predictions.

'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?
Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.
Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make.

Go and do some travelling.

Off you go little troll.

Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй
I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard
Would you like to point out what is racist you moron?

Want to fight me eh? Ooh, I'm scared.

Bare knuckle - as favoured by the non travelling travellers?

Hello LL !
I can assure you that Im NOT the poster 'Nowthatsworthknowin
g'

Can I also just say, Its not for others to point out the law to you...as you are aware "ignorance is no defense in law" And oh how you are ignorant!

You are clearly convinced by the epithet given to the people in question by society...there is no obligation to anyone to live up to a title bestowed on them..is that a little deep for you? If so just say and Ill explain it again in simpler terms!
[quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nowthatsworthknowing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rochford Rob[/bold] wrote: More 'thought crimes' Hasn't Plod got anything better to do. Getting worse than Orwell's predictions. 'Ambassadors' Jeez, where are the 'evil cuts' we keep hearing about?[/p][/quote]Im not suprised you are anti-hate crime...you imo, have been guilty of it on a few occasion on these threads.[/p][/quote]Oh you are so precious aren't you, you Branleur. You take EVERYTHING literally and verbatim then use your twisted little brain to switch it to whichever fallacious argument you are trying to make. Go and do some travelling. Off you go little troll. Until then, Заткнись, иди на хуй[/p][/quote]I'd love to see you for some bare knuckle boxing, you racist B'astard[/p][/quote]Would you like to point out what is racist you moron? Want to fight me eh? Ooh, I'm scared. Bare knuckle - as favoured by the non travelling travellers? Hello LL ![/p][/quote]I can assure you that Im NOT the poster 'Nowthatsworthknowin g' Can I also just say, Its not for others to point out the law to you...as you are aware "ignorance is no defense in law" And oh how you are ignorant! You are clearly convinced by the epithet given to the people in question by society...there is no obligation to anyone to live up to a title bestowed on them..is that a little deep for you? If so just say and Ill explain it again in simpler terms! Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -4

7:18pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Blind Haze says...

No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc.

That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.
No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc. That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name. Blind Haze
  • Score: 8

7:58pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Lastlaugh,,. says...

Blind Haze wrote:
No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc.

That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.
Condone is an interesting word..

Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning?
[quote][p][bold]Blind Haze[/bold] wrote: No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc. That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.[/p][/quote]Condone is an interesting word.. Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning? Lastlaugh,,.
  • Score: -7

9:23am Sun 22 Dec 13

Nebs says...

Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Blind Haze wrote:
No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc.

That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.
Condone is an interesting word..

Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning?
If you are right that silence is deemed as condoning then surely holding on to a dossier for two years without taking any formal action to pass it on to the authorities would be deemed as condoning.
[quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blind Haze[/bold] wrote: No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc. That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.[/p][/quote]Condone is an interesting word.. Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning?[/p][/quote]If you are right that silence is deemed as condoning then surely holding on to a dossier for two years without taking any formal action to pass it on to the authorities would be deemed as condoning. Nebs
  • Score: 6

11:20am Sun 22 Dec 13

Mail Member 4 Colchester says...

Kim Gandy wrote:
Cllr Terri Sargent needs to look within her own council then, at obnoxious lefties who love victimising people online by reTweeting rubbish they find on the internet that has no basis in the truth.

Most hate crime I see is online. Myself and many others have been made victims of it and it is the most cowardly as these morons don't do it to your face. They do it from behind the safety of a keyboard. And the most ironic aspect of it all is it is THEY who are not exactly squeaky clean.

I am now gathering photographic and other evidence of this and will be using it.

However 2014 will be the year they come unstuck as many of us are not prepared to tolerate it any more.

Those responsible within politics will be shown to be what they are. Stupid really because election campaigns will suffer. There are many ways of alerting the public to rogue politicians without using the local paper, which doesn't seem too keen to report it.

And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture.

However, the Echo has a new editor soon; a new broom sweeps clean..

Myself and others are committed to doing our best to winkle out those responsible. I have already begun - and it is all being done legally and above board.

In the words of Tom Petty, I won't back down - and I will not be bullied and bamboozled by idiots.

Work has already begun and is now in the hands of officials.

And it's no good being smug and arrogant, sooner or later perpetrating, regurgitating and reTweeting existing lies, rumour mongering and insults will catch up with you.

You know who you are.
Quite right Kim, it's bloody political correctness gone mad, is what it is. People like Kim and me receive hatred from the Marxist/Jewish/Islam
ist/gay/feminist conspiracy that has taken over in commie Cameron's Britain.. And why? Because we say it how it is, but do the police bother with hatred directed against the sort of individual thrown out of UKIP for being too racist? No, to them, and the stupid law, it isn't actually a hate crime. But if I was to gently suggest to Johnny Foreigner that he's overstayed his welcome, say by writing 'go back to where you came from' (he said Basildon) in excrement on his car's windscreen, I'd have the PC brigade on my back. It's bloody political correctness gone mad, is what it is!

Kim Gandy, mad? You only have to look at her to see she's as sane as I am.
Bah.
[quote][p][bold]Kim Gandy[/bold] wrote: Cllr Terri Sargent needs to look within her own council then, at obnoxious lefties who love victimising people online by reTweeting rubbish they find on the internet that has no basis in the truth. Most hate crime I see is online. Myself and many others have been made victims of it and it is the most cowardly as these morons don't do it to your face. They do it from behind the safety of a keyboard. And the most ironic aspect of it all is it is THEY who are not exactly squeaky clean. I am now gathering photographic and other evidence of this and will be using it. However 2014 will be the year they come unstuck as many of us are not prepared to tolerate it any more. Those responsible within politics will be shown to be what they are. Stupid really because election campaigns will suffer. There are many ways of alerting the public to rogue politicians without using the local paper, which doesn't seem too keen to report it. And those supporting them in their endeavours and particularly that creature down at Pitsea who lies about her activities, particularly the monumental lie about the recent prominent funeral, will finally be shown to be what they really are. Yes, all sorts of people are being informed about YOUR agenda. What a vulture. However, the Echo has a new editor soon; a new broom sweeps clean.. Myself and others are committed to doing our best to winkle out those responsible. I have already begun - and it is all being done legally and above board. In the words of Tom Petty, I won't back down - and I will not be bullied and bamboozled by idiots. Work has already begun and is now in the hands of officials. And it's no good being smug and arrogant, sooner or later perpetrating, regurgitating and reTweeting existing lies, rumour mongering and insults will catch up with you. You know who you are.[/p][/quote]Quite right Kim, it's bloody political correctness gone mad, is what it is. People like Kim and me receive hatred from the Marxist/Jewish/Islam ist/gay/feminist conspiracy that has taken over in commie Cameron's Britain.. And why? Because we say it how it is, but do the police bother with hatred directed against the sort of individual thrown out of UKIP for being too racist? No, to them, and the stupid law, it isn't actually a hate crime. But if I was to gently suggest to Johnny Foreigner that he's overstayed his welcome, say by writing 'go back to where you came from' (he said Basildon) in excrement on his car's windscreen, I'd have the PC brigade on my back. It's bloody political correctness gone mad, is what it is! Kim Gandy, mad? You only have to look at her to see she's as sane as I am. Bah. Mail Member 4 Colchester
  • Score: 6

1:33pm Sun 22 Dec 13

LaConfraternitaDellaCampana says...

This argument is futile in the force, when this service cannot even function at a basic investigative enquiry level.

How on earth it is going to divert resources in tackling this political blanc elephant one beggars belief.

kavanagh & Alston appear to be showboating this will spell the commencement to the end of their careers within this agency.
This argument is futile in the force, when this service cannot even function at a basic investigative enquiry level. How on earth it is going to divert resources in tackling this political blanc elephant one beggars belief. kavanagh & Alston appear to be showboating this will spell the commencement to the end of their careers within this agency. LaConfraternitaDellaCampana
  • Score: 8

1:36pm Sun 22 Dec 13

LaConfraternitaDellaCampana says...

Justice79 wrote:
"Hello is that the police? Its lastlaugh here from the internets and I'd like to report heinous posts so appalling that instead of reporting them at the time I have instead decided to hold on to them some for as long as 2 years, Could you please arrange for some of your officer to trawl through my "dossier" and then arrange to get all of the ip addresses linked to those posts and then track down the bill payer for that connection and in turn interrogate them to determine who made these comments as I feel this is the best possible use of police time and resources"

Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic as is constantly making idle threats so submit some kind of imaginary "dossier" of evidence. If you really have it hand it over to the police amd let them do whatever they deem necessary but stop constantly using itfor some kind of power trip you just come across as some kind of crckpot.
Quite an intriguing point and appropriate
[quote][p][bold]Justice79[/bold] wrote: "Hello is that the police? Its lastlaugh here from the internets and I'd like to report heinous posts so appalling that instead of reporting them at the time I have instead decided to hold on to them some for as long as 2 years, Could you please arrange for some of your officer to trawl through my "dossier" and then arrange to get all of the ip addresses linked to those posts and then track down the bill payer for that connection and in turn interrogate them to determine who made these comments as I feel this is the best possible use of police time and resources" Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic as is constantly making idle threats so submit some kind of imaginary "dossier" of evidence. If you really have it hand it over to the police amd let them do whatever they deem necessary but stop constantly using itfor some kind of power trip you just come across as some kind of crckpot.[/p][/quote]Quite an intriguing point and appropriate LaConfraternitaDellaCampana
  • Score: 5

5:09pm Sun 22 Dec 13

LastLaugh,,, says...

Justice79 wrote:
"Hello is that the police? Its lastlaugh here from the internets and I'd like to report heinous posts so appalling that instead of reporting them at the time I have instead decided to hold on to them some for as long as 2 years, Could you please arrange for some of your officer to trawl through my "dossier" and then arrange to get all of the ip addresses linked to those posts and then track down the bill payer for that connection and in turn interrogate them to determine who made these comments as I feel this is the best possible use of police time and resources"

Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic as is constantly making idle threats so submit some kind of imaginary "dossier" of evidence. If you really have it hand it over to the police amd let them do whatever they deem necessary but stop constantly using itfor some kind of power trip you just come across as some kind of crckpot.
"Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic"

Not too sure in which way you mean the comment.

Would reporting one or two comments not be wasting police time?

Wouldn't it be better to collate proof that there is an ongoing problem rather than wasting time with a few 'one offs'

Why you feel the 'dossier' is 'imaginary' is for you to know.

Im sure those who do not feel 'hate crime' is a crime might think those who do are crackpots...the main thing is the police force don't..and thats what counts..
[quote][p][bold]Justice79[/bold] wrote: "Hello is that the police? Its lastlaugh here from the internets and I'd like to report heinous posts so appalling that instead of reporting them at the time I have instead decided to hold on to them some for as long as 2 years, Could you please arrange for some of your officer to trawl through my "dossier" and then arrange to get all of the ip addresses linked to those posts and then track down the bill payer for that connection and in turn interrogate them to determine who made these comments as I feel this is the best possible use of police time and resources" Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic as is constantly making idle threats so submit some kind of imaginary "dossier" of evidence. If you really have it hand it over to the police amd let them do whatever they deem necessary but stop constantly using itfor some kind of power trip you just come across as some kind of crckpot.[/p][/quote]"Racism and hate crimes are frankly pathetic" Not too sure in which way you mean the comment. Would reporting one or two comments not be wasting police time? Wouldn't it be better to collate proof that there is an ongoing problem rather than wasting time with a few 'one offs' Why you feel the 'dossier' is 'imaginary' is for you to know. Im sure those who do not feel 'hate crime' is a crime might think those who do are crackpots...the main thing is the police force don't..and thats what counts.. LastLaugh,,,
  • Score: -7

5:14pm Sun 22 Dec 13

LastLaugh,,, says...

Nebs wrote:
Lastlaugh,,. wrote:
Blind Haze wrote:
No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc.

That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.
Condone is an interesting word..

Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning?
If you are right that silence is deemed as condoning then surely holding on to a dossier for two years without taking any formal action to pass it on to the authorities would be deemed as condoning.
You might be right if it were never to be presented..thats is not the case here.

So delay is more for the sake of clarification.
[quote][p][bold]Nebs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lastlaugh,,.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blind Haze[/bold] wrote: No one can condone hate crimes, whether dictated by race, sex, skin colour or whatever. However I don't think these should be elevated above any other sort of opportunistic crime, whether it be burglary, drunken assault, mugging people etc. That said, if this is the way they're going then I hope they take this stance with extremist Muslims who preach hate on the streets, and with the EDL marches who seem to hate anyone with a slightly foreign sounding name.[/p][/quote]Condone is an interesting word.. Might not silence in the face of what you mention be deemed as condoning?[/p][/quote]If you are right that silence is deemed as condoning then surely holding on to a dossier for two years without taking any formal action to pass it on to the authorities would be deemed as condoning.[/p][/quote]You might be right if it were never to be presented..thats is not the case here. So delay is more for the sake of clarification. LastLaugh,,,
  • Score: -7

10:19am Mon 23 Dec 13

Minceir. says...

Ah! LL's famous dossier. RFLMAO!!
Ah! LL's famous dossier. RFLMAO!! Minceir.
  • Score: 6

5:45pm Mon 23 Dec 13

LastLaugh,,, says...

Minceir. wrote:
Ah! LL's famous dossier. RFLMAO!!
Some are easily amused, but not to the point of hysteria!
[quote][p][bold]Minceir.[/bold] wrote: Ah! LL's famous dossier. RFLMAO!![/p][/quote]Some are easily amused, but not to the point of hysteria! LastLaugh,,,
  • Score: -5

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree