Braintree: Disbelief as no further action is taken over Marks Farm double stabbing

Braintree and Witham Times: Braintree: Disbelief as no further action is taken over Marks Farm double stabbing Braintree: Disbelief as no further action is taken over Marks Farm double stabbing

Residents have voiced their disgust and disbelief after no one was held to account for a double stabbing on a Braintree housing estate.

Six people were arrested after two men were stabbed on the Marks Farm estate and their car was smashed up during a lunchtime rampage on September 25.


Witnesses said they saw people carrying metal bars who were chasing the duo through Twelve Acres and Fore Field.

The six suspects, including two Londoners, a 23-year-old Braintree man and three Braintree women aged 19,24 and 48, were on bail until last week and have now been released without charge after there was deemed to be “insufficient evidence” for a prosecution.

One resident said: “It’s unbelievable."

 

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:32am Fri 6 Dec 13

OMPITA [Intl] says...

Presumably Police Investigations continue so that if and when sufficient evidence becomes available which convinces the CPS that a conviction is likely charges will be laid against whoever is thought to have committed the crimes in question.

Don't blame the police if people are not prepared to come forward and offer evidence stating what happened.

We all know how hugely expensive trials can turn out to be nothing more than disgraceful debacles when slick lawyers run rings around the prosecution and or sow doubt in the minds of the jury when the police don't have absolutely one hundred per cent watertight evidence to satisfy the stringent requirements necessary for a guilty verdict.

I know this only too well. I wasted eight weeks of my life on precisely such a trial at the Old Bailey. Justice? Don’t make me laugh!
Presumably Police Investigations continue so that if and when sufficient evidence becomes available which convinces the CPS that a conviction is likely charges will be laid against whoever is thought to have committed the crimes in question. Don't blame the police if people are not prepared to come forward and offer evidence stating what happened. We all know how hugely expensive trials can turn out to be nothing more than disgraceful debacles when slick lawyers run rings around the prosecution and or sow doubt in the minds of the jury when the police don't have absolutely one hundred per cent watertight evidence to satisfy the stringent requirements necessary for a guilty verdict. I know this only too well. I wasted eight weeks of my life on precisely such a trial at the Old Bailey. Justice? Don’t make me laugh! OMPITA [Intl]

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree