Braintree: Parents plea after teen death linked to "crudely produced drugs"

Braintree: Parents plea after teen death linked to

Braintree: Parents plea after teen death linked to "crudely produced drugs"

First published in News

THE devastated parents of a much-loved teenager who tragically died after trying an LSD type drug have warned others against experimenting.

Bradley Cockel, 19, of Braintree was pronounced dead in a flat in Bramble Court, Bramble Road, Witham at about 2.25am on Saturday.

Paramedics were called after he went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing.

Along with two others it is believed he had taken a drug similar to 2CE, which is part of the LSD family.

An 18-year-old Braintree man and a 21-year-old Witham man, who were seriously ill, were rushed to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.

They have both now been released from hospital.

In a statement Bradley’s parents said: “Bradley was a loving and beautiful son and brother.

“He was an important part of our close family.

"Please let this serve as a lesson to anyone who thinks that it is safe to experiment with drugs because if anyone could see or feel the pain that our family is suffering, and will continue to suffer, then they would realise that it is a risk that is not worth taking."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree