Witham: Plans for bridge over death crossing still on schedule

Braintree and Witham Times: Witham: Plans for bridge over death crossing still on schedule Witham: Plans for bridge over death crossing still on schedule

Plans for a new bridge where a young father died after being hit by a train remain on schedule.

Network Rail had already earmarked the Motts Lane level crossing in Witham for closure before Michal Majzner, 30, was struck by a London Liverpool Street to Norwich train last month.

A Network Rail spokesman confirmed it still expected to submit plans for the bridleway bridge to Braintree Council next month.

The Bristish Transport Police have now also confirmed that they believe Mr Majzner’s death was a tragic accident.

A spokesman said: “Although officers continue to work to establish the circumstances of the incident, at this stage it looks like a tragic accident.”

It is believed Mr Majzner was on his way to work at Village Glass on the Eastways Business Park when he was hit by the train.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:16pm Thu 21 Feb 13

/@|_|@\ says...

When he what?

Useless Brainless and Witless.
When he what? Useless Brainless and Witless. /@|_|@\
  • Score: 1

10:17pm Thu 21 Feb 13

/@|_|@\ says...

... Oh. This time it appears. "... he was hit by the train." Browser error or the recurring user error of ID 10 T ...
... Oh. This time it appears. "... he was hit by the train." Browser error or the recurring user error of ID 10 T ... /@|_|@\
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree