Braintree: Mother loses eye after infection she claims was caused by a contact lens

Braintree: Mother loses eye after infection she claims was caused by a contact lens

Braintree: Mother loses eye after infection she claims was caused by a contact lens

First published in News

A teaching assistant lost an eye after suffering an aggressive fungal infection which she claims was caused by a disposable contact lens.

Jacqui Stone, who works in the maths department at Tabor Science College in Braintree, spent more than 17 weeks in hospital and underwent 22 operations as doctors battled in vain to save her left eye.

The mother-of-two eventually had it removed following fears the infection would penetrate her optic nerve and enter her brain.

SEE TOMORROW'S BRAINTREE AND WITHAM TIMES FOR THE FULL STORY

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree