Overnight roadworks will be carried out to try and imrpove a busy roundabout.
Diversions will be in place as part of Marks Farm Roundabout on the A120 in Braintree is closed on January 9 between 8pm and 6am.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place as innerlane of the roundabout is resurfaced.
Andy Dyer of the Highways Agency said:“The A120 is an important road for both local and national traffic and this work reflects our commitment to provide safe and reliable journeys for road users.
“This work will take place overnight between 8pm and 6am to avoid the busiest times of day.
“Any road users who feel this work may affect their journey are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time to travel.”
* Road users travelling eastbound on the A120 to head north on the A131 will be diverted along the B1256 Coggeshall Road to the first roundabout, to turn back to the Marks Farm roundabout and the A131.
* Traffic heading eastbound toward Colchester will follow the same route as above onto the A131. At the roundabout with the B1053 Broad Road, traffic will double back along the A131 to the Marks Farm roundabout where it will turn left onto the A120.
* Road users heading from the B1256 Coggeshall Road to the A120 eastbound or westbound will follow the A131 diversion route stated above, taking the appropriate exit at the Marks Farm roundabout.
* Road users heading to the A131 from the B1256 Coggeshall Road will not be affected.
* Road users heading west on the A120 to use the northbound A131 will go straight over the roundabout onto the B1256 Coggeshall Road, where it will double back from the first roundabout and turn left onto the A131.