Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting BWT to 80360 or you can email us »
Terms and Conditions
In these Conditions of Use:
"we" means Newsquest Media Group Ltd,
34-44 London Road,
Surrey SM4 5BR
"you" means the user of the Message Board.
- Conditions of Use
If you wish to upload or post information on this Message Board, you must first register such information as is required by us. No information can be posted on this Message Board without first obtaining such registration.
- Personal Information/Data Protection
We will respect your personal information in accordance with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation. All personal information which you provide will be stored on computer. All information may be retained for up to six months after you provide it.
- Uploading or Posting to this Message Board
- You agree not to upload or post on to this Message Board information, files or software or any other materials:
- containing pornography;
- containing sexually explicit or offensive content;
- containing vulgar or obscene language;
- containing racially or ethnically offensive content;
- containing material which is illegal or criminal or regarding illegal activity or designed to encourage illegal activity or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever;
- intended to harass or threaten any party;
- which offer products or services or contain advertising for any products or services or promote any party's commercial interests in any manner whatsoever. We shall have the right to determine what constitutes the promotion of a commercial interest;
- which infringe any copyright, design rights, database rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party without the consent of that third party;
- containing defamatory or libellous content;
- which have been manipulated in order to disguise the origin of any uploaded/posted material;
- which may interfere with or disrupt the services provided by us.
- If you post or upload onto this Message Board any information, files, software or other materials or provide any links to other sites or materials, you are responsible for such and for any claims which may be made by third parties in that respect. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify us and our group companies against any claims, damages, costs, losses, expenses or liabilities which we may incur as a result of any misuse or unlawful use of this Message Board by you including, without limitation, arising from any breach of the rules set out in this Condition 3 carried out by you or by a third party for whom you are responsible.
- If you contribute information, files, software or other materials to this Message Board, you hereby grant us and our group companies and other users of this Message Board, a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right to edit, amend, reformat, copy, publish (in any medium whether paperbased or electronic), sub-licence and distribute any such materials. You will not submit any such materials unless you are able to grant such rights. You will indemnify us against any claims, damages, costs, losses, expenses or liabilities which we may incur if you do not have such rights to grant.
- Use of this Message Board
- You agree not to do anything which is likely to, or intended to,disrupt use by others of this Message Board or which amounts to spamming.
- You agree to use all reasonable endeavours not to upload or post onto this Message Board any materials which contain viruses, worms, logic bombs or other destructive features or contaminants.
- You agree not to falsely impersonate another person when using this Message Board.
- Removal of Materials by Newsquest We reserve the right at any time to edit or remove any information, files, software or other materials from this Message Board which are or may be in our opinion, in breach of any of the rules set out in Condition 3 or are otherwise harmful or offensive in any way to any person or where complaints are received in respect of such materials. We will not be liable to any person who has placed such materials on this Message Board, irrespective of any such editing or removal. We do not, however, guarantee prompt editing or removal of any such material from this Message Board in such circumstances.
- Exclusion of Liability for materials on the Site THE INFORMATION, FILES, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED WITHIN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE PROVIDED BY INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS. NEWSQUEST DOES NOT MONITOR OR EDIT SUCH MATERIALS NOR DOES IT MONITOR CONDUCT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD. ANY VIEWS, OPINIONS OR STATEMENTS MADE IN SUCH MATERIALS ARE THOSE OF THE CONTRIBUTORS AND WE DO NOT ENDORSE THOSE. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON IN RESPECT OF ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED WITH THIS BULLETIN AND IN PARTICULAR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR:
- ANY INACCURACY OR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS;
- THE INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS;
- ANY SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS WHICH MAY BE PROVIDED OR OFFERED FROM SUCH MATERIALS;
- ANY USE WHICH MAY BE MADE OF SUCH MATERIALS;
- DEFAMATORY, HARMFUL, CRIMINAL, PORNOGRAPHIC OR OFFENSIVE CONTENT IN SUCH MATERIALS; OR
- THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD.
- Accessible/Linked Third Party Materials and Sites ANY THIRD PARTY SITES, MESSAGE BOARDS, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR FILES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED FROM THE MATERIALS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD OR WHICH ARE LINKED TO THE MATERIALS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDING SUCH ACCESS OR LINK OR OPERATING OR OFFERING SUCH. WE GIVE NO WARRANTY IN RESPECT OF SUCH AND ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON FOR SUCH OR FOR ANY USE WHICH MAY BE MADE OF SUCH.
- Rights in Message Board We own the content of this Message Board (other than the content submitted by contributors) together with all copyright and other intellectual rights therein and the design and presentation of this Message Board. Use or copying or publishing, in whole or in part, without our express written consent is prohibited.
- Newsquest's Right to Ban Use Without prejudice to any other rights which may be available to us, we reserve the right to cancel the registration of any user of this Message Board or to ban any user from this Message Board if that user fails to comply with these Conditions of Use.
- Amendments These Conditions of Use may be amended from time to time and, if such amendments are made, the amended Conditions of Use will be placed on this page and will be binding on each user of this Message Board.
- Passwords Where applicable, you are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of any user name and password provided to you on registration. You shall not disclose your user name or password to any third party. You are responsible for all activities which occur under your user name and/or password. If you become aware that any third party has obtained access to your user name or password or of any unauthorised use of your user name or password, you must report such to us immediately.
- Law These Conditions of Use shall be construed in accordance with English law. If there is any dispute arising out of these Conditions or use of the Message Board, the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.